Car cleaning

Fishleigh

I used to spend hours washing and poslishing my cars.

Now just a quick jetwash, a bit of a rub and some tescos wash and wax... job done.Not worth the effort as it is mucky from either dust or mud in days.

BUT what ever I do I always spend time cleaning under wheel arches and under the body and all other muck/mud/water i.e rust traps.

No point having a shiney car if it has rusted away underneath!

I used to spend hours washing and poslishing my cars.

Now just a quick jetwash, a bit of a rub and some tescos wash and wax... job done.Not worth the effort as it is mucky from either dust or mud in days.

BUT what ever I do I always spend time cleaning under wheel arches and under the body and all other muck/mud/water i.e rust traps.

No point having a shiney car if it has rusted away underneath!

Thats very true.When i wash mine,i always blast the return lip on the rear wheel arches because they always clump up with muck and make sure everythings clean in there.Same goes for all the ball joints,shock absorbers,springs etc.

I always remember a car i once owned in my yoof-a mk2 Vauxhall Astra GTE in the obligatory polar white with digital dash! Vauxhall in their infinite wisdom made the rear arch return lip in such a way that dirt festered away in there un-noticed and they rusted from inside out.

I always remember a car i once owned in my yoof-a mk2 Vauxhall Astra GTE in the obligatory polar white with digital dash! Vauxhall in their infinite wisdom made the rear arch return lip in such a way that dirt festered away in there un-noticed and they rusted from inside out.

Exactly what happened to my Carlton GSi... which also had the digital dash! :( :hmm::huh: