Only Pet hate of mine

wingnut

Not a fan of cyclists but they're way, way down the list of my driving related pressure points. :good: Out of interest, what happens if a cyclist accidentally damages your car with them not being insured? E.g. Handlebar scrapes down a door? Would you have to take them to court?? :wub:

If so they should be forced to have some kind of insurance. Personally i think cyclists should stick to pavements, the human body is designed to take impacts up to 30mph (i.e. the max expected speed of a collision between a pedestrian and cyclist). If the footpath is busy, then go on the road or dismount but straight back on once its clear.

Mark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of cyclists but they're way, way down the list of my driving related pressure points. :look: Out of interest, what happens if a cyclist accidentally damages your car with them not being insured? E.g. Handlebar scrapes down a door? Would you have to take them to court?? :good:

If so they should be forced to have some kind of insurance. Personally i think cyclists should stick to pavements, the human body is designed to take impacts up to 30mph (i.e. the max expected speed of a collision between a pedestrian and cyclist). If the footpath is busy, then go on the road or dismount but straight back on once its clear.

Mark

You inform them politely that they've damaged your car. They tell you to "foxtrot oscar". You're in the wrong becasue you're a polluting capitalist motorist, the cyclist is in the right because he's a tree hugging non polluting environmentally responsible poor person who can only afford a bike. Pray that you don't get taken to court, either legal or civil.

Re compulsory insurance, after an accident with a cyclist, SWMBO brought this idea to the attention of our MP. His response was "Can you imagine how many votes we'd lose if we tried to impose that?" I kid you not, live with it. Perhaps "Call me Dave" will make things better but I for one am not holding my breath.

You've done it now!!

They'll be joining the forum just to find out where you live :good:

Oh yes, for they are a particularly nasty bunch! :look:

For god's sake lets not go down that road again. It was like a flippin pantomime dame convention in here with the amount of flouncing that went on the last time that can o' worms got opened.

ZB