Rapid 12

deputy dog

Hi all again. Bought a Rapid 12 today and besides the O Rings blowing, a problem i posted about earlier. I now got new ones O Rings and the gun is now miss firing. Out of 12 shots i'm getting about 8 which fire properly. But at least four shots i cock an pull the trigger and nothing happens. So i got 2/ 3 shots stuck in the barrel then it shoots them out. Not sure whats causing it. Cocking the gun in the right manner and every things is fitted properly. Iv phoned a few mates who have either got one or owned one. And not one has said that they have had the same problem with their rapid. Any advice on what may be causing it. I can see it going back tomorrow, because i'm rapidly losing confidence in the guns ability to do the job properly.

Thanks

Gareth

Edited by deputy dog

Hi all again. Bought a Rapid 12 today and besides the O Rings blowing, a problem i posted about earlier. I now got new ones O Rings and the gun is now miss firing. Out of 12 shots i'm getting about 8 which fire properly. But at least four shots i cock an pull the trigger and nothing happens. So i got 2/ 3 shots stuck in the barrel then it shoots them out. Not sure whats causing it. Cocking the gun in the right manner retry this part,as it is usually caused by not pulling the bolt back far enough.indicated by the nothing happening when you pull the trigger.and every things is fitted properly. Iv phoned a few mates who have either got one or owned one. And not one has said that they have had the same problem with their rapid. Any advice on what may be causing it. I can see it going back tomorrow, because i'm rapidly losing confidence in the guns ability to do the job properly.

Thanks

Gareth

as edited. :yp:

al

Edited by albob

as edited. :yp:

al

Thanks for your post albob. I see where your coming from mate. But i tried pulling the bolt back slowly an methodically and precise just to make sure that i was cocking the bolt properly. And even doing that, the gun still miss fired repeatedly. I'm not a novice at using this kind of gun. I have borrowed my friends rapid often enough, hence buying one myself. If i thought i was doing some thing wrong as simple as not pulling the bolt back far enough, i wouldn't have posted any thing on here for advice, about what could be causing it. But i made sure every thing i done while cocking the bolt was done properly and precise and the gun still miss fired some thing awfull. So its nothing i'm doing wrong what i can see which is causing it to miss fire so badly.

ATB

Gareth

Is the trigger sear actually engaging ;)

it sounds to me like someone may have screwed the hammer spring adjuster in too far and not allowing the sear to engage.

try unscrewing it a couple of turns, see what happens.

Thinking about that :yp: you should notice when you pull the trigger.

just read you earlier posts, you got it new, and deleted my earlier comments..

You must take it back to the shop,

Edited by Dougy

so are you getting a pellet in the chamber for every pull back of the bolt?

if you are,then the magazine is ok(ie,indexing ok and the spring is doing it`s job).

can you here a click when the bolt is pulled back?

by the sounds of things,it seems to me like the gun is not cocked :hmm: or you would feel it in the trigger pull.

what mk is it..1 or 2?

if you just bought it from a shop,as suggested above,take it back,as you may get frustrated and dump a very good gun because of this.once sorted they give trouble free shooting for a long time. :blink:

al

Is the trigger sear actually engaging :lol:

it sounds to me like someone may have screwed the hammer spring adjuster in too far and not allowing the sear to engage.

try unscrewing it a couple of turns, see what happens.

Thinking about that :yes: you should notice when you pull the trigger.

just read you earlier posts, you got it new, and deleted my earlier comments..

You must take it back to the shop,

Dougy you was spot on mate. I took it back to the shop and they told me they'll have to send it back to Theoben. There is a fault with the trigger system and they did mention about the sear not engaging after cocking. But they will send it back just in case it was more serious then that. Thet were great to be honest an really helpfull. I'l eather have a new trigger system or a new gun. But only down side it may take till next tuesday to have it back. But i think i can put up with that lol. ATB

GARETH :blink: :hmm::/

Let us know how you get on mate.

Hi bullet boy. I phoned up Sportsman Guncentre yesterday and asked about my gun and is there any sign that it will be back with me for today. The guy i talked to basically tried to fob me off with some bull **** story about how things take time coming back, when they send guns back to their manufacturer for repair. So i told him that i was promiced by the young lad who delt with my gun problem last Wedneday, that he would send it off the very same day and i should have it back by today. And i also told him that if its not back some time this week, i will be down for them to give me a full refund. As i dont see why i should wait for a week odd, for some thing i paid a grand for brand new, to come back from repair with a problem which should take Theoben repair people about an hour to fix or renew the parts and put it back together. I had a phone call today from the young chap in mention, saying that he had phoned Theoben up and my gun has had a complete new trigger system put in and a full service to check for other faults which may be lurking. And i will defo have it back tomorrow. So it just goes to show that a stern talking to but in a polite manner really works when you mention refund. Can't wait till tomorrow now lol. Having my new toy back. Got thousands of noisey young Jackdaws to sort out this end.