sprockers

stu_young

just been chatting to a mate about sprockers, his ees bitch might be pregnant by his cocker...his cocker is half show half working lines the ess isnt kc reg but is a lovely working dog.. he isnt too sure if he should get them docked an dejewed clawed or keep them intact so to speak! an what type off price to ask if she is in pup

they usually go for silly money even though they are a mongrel.lots of people think they're getting the best of both world's.

it amaze's me how mongrel's such as cockador's,springador's,sprocker's,labradoodle's fetch such high prices in one hand and then i think atleast they'll be going to decent home's.

if it was me i'd have them docked and declawed,and as for price i've seen them going from price's of £250 upto £450

hopefully they will make some people out there very happy :angry:

excuse my rant :unsure: but hay atleast you did'nt say they were bred from a keeper's dog that get's me too :yes:

Rightly or wrongly I share your sentiments Pegleg!

As for the OP... show lines??? Please God no. There are working bred dogs and pups in rescues up and down the country and your mate choses to breed from a show bred dog. :unsure:

Not for me thanks, hope they all go to good homes and in answer to your orginal question I would certainly have them docked, dew claws aren't such a big issue for me.

Sadly accidents happen. Docking is a 10 minute exercise (for a whole litter) but with the increased paperwork now you would be best to contact your vet. Apache on here I think is a vet who docks so would be able to offer more accurate advice - PM him incase he doesn't pick up on this thread.

Edited by WGD

Nothing personal to any of you but I dont agree with Xbreeding spaniels or labradors or poodles in any definition.

I dont agree with the sentiment that your getting the best of an ESS and a Cocker

Genetically your probably getting the worst of both and I think it is irresponsible breeding like this which is slowly destroying many of our recognised breeds.

I agree with WGD there are plenty of abandoned docks out there looking for good homes without idescriminately messing about with genetic mutations

Thats my opinion with no offence intended.

even though some pedigree breeds are now ruined. although mainly show breeds. personaly i think cross breeding dogs is a good idea it may take a while but could produce some excellent breeds of there own. dont forget that some pedigrees of today are originaly crosses.

Was having a conversation on saturday about Springadours and that someone down this way is selling them at £1500 per pup and at present cant seem to breed them quick enough.......i suppose it is supply and demand and they are making some serious money but you have to question all this cross breeding

any idea on cost off docking.. my mate an the tinternet dont mix an he asking me all these questions.lol

nah no keeper dog both his own mutts. his 9 month old cocker manged to get at his ess

any idea of cost ! well an injection to terminate the pregnancy early on would have been cheaper and more responcible , to let two dog couple unsuprvised and risking damage to produce mongrels is utter greed

seems like its another case of puppy farming to me

• 3 weeks later...

I have a springerdor, shes two now and is really good at retrieving and will be my wildfowling dog this season.

As for price I paid £100 for her and anyone selling them for more than £200 is obviously in it for the money and not caring homes.

I have a 10 month old Sprocker and she's great. Lovely family dog, retreives well, sits and stays etc, hoping to join a gun dog training class soon so I can get her in the field with me.

The only downside so far is her hatred for foxes, she goes absolutley ballistic when she spots them so I'm not sure how to deal with this as obviousley once in the field she'll fly off if she spots old charlie

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

indescriminately messing about with genetic mutations

I don't agree with you there Mike. My view is the Kennel Club and many of it's show breeders are causing more genetic mutations than

simply crossing a springer with a cocker.

All you have to do is look at the likes of the English Bulldog, Boxer, Daschund, and many more that have been inbred so tightly

that the poor ******* can't breath, walk etc etc.