PCP Cylinder

^mimic^

well im like a few on here im in to my scuba diveing and we learn all about them bottles they are a bomb ready to go off if you abuse them ,now if you were next to a car tyre that went bang you would jump out your skin and thats only 32psi now the bottles i use are 12ltr 300 bar thats around 4,250psi and if that was to go off i think you would be looking for the body parts for some time   ;)  its just as well they wont fill them bottles with out a test  :thumbs:

No they wont fill our bottles without a test , But We fill our guns and that is exactly what im getting at

there is no test for the gun , now i know the pcp tank isnt as big and isnt gunner do as much damage but i reacon it could atleast blow off a hand or posibly worse

Actually Airforce-gunpower's manuals tell you to get your Buddy Bottles hydro tested but lets be honest how many people HAVE done this?

Also WHO can test them???

Oh and as for the blow your hand off??

Steel splits when it ruptures it doesn't fragment :thumbs: The most you may get will be a nice embolism. Alloys shatter so Alloy Buddy bottles are the worse of the 2.

Lord Geordie

Edited by Lord Geordie

a lad with 18 month old cylinder , failed its test

Why would an 18 month old cylinder be tested ?

Cylinder doesnt need a hydraulic test till it's 5 years old ! There is an intermediate test for non surface use bottles but thats visual only and not required for airgun bottles anyway.

Something fishy in that story...

Tony

I was told a visual after 18 month and then a hydro test after 36 on a brand new bottle i just bought and that was from the Dive Centre in newcastle

I thought it depended on the Valve (surface or water) but i was told there is NO difference they BOTH need testing at 18 month intervals and then the 36 month hydro.

I was told a tank with a SURFACE valve was only tested every 5 years but now i am unsure???

Lord Geordie

Typical advice from a PADI set up? ask any FULLY trained BSAC diver about them?

right some facts re dive cylinder tests

the old (till 2002) tests were from new 4 years then a full hydraulic test

then after a further two years a visual inspection.

The new IDEST regs gives a full hydraulic at five years then a visual after two and a half this involves valve out and a check internally note it is also given a weight check to ensure its empty weight is greater than 95% of its tare weight obviously the next test again after a further two and a half years is a full hydraulic and on the cycle goes until it eventually fails or is scrapped for a new cylinder

whilst I agree it may be prudent to test a buddy bottle of a gun the tests are initially so over the top (weirauch test the cylinder on the HW100 to ONE THOUSAND bars) and the volume is small it is not deemed necassary.

Cheers KW

advanced diver and trustee of Hartlepool Divers

alias underwater burglar?

Great, here we go.

The old 'My trainings better than your's' gem. ;)

And I thought this was a shooting forum?

Enzo

BSAC Advanced Diver

PADI OWSI

Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor (Trimix)

IANTD Technical Nitrox Instructor

IANTD Mixer Blender Instructor

HGV Class 1

SGC Holder

Oh, and TRUSTEE of my own savings account............ :thumbs:

Edited by Enzo