Glue traps

rodp

Put this on another site then realised that this is the site for a proper answer. Doh :lol:

Does anyone know how to make an adhesive for a sticky trap that will hold a rat? We.ve got some in a corner of the garden and I would like to get rid.

If I can put these down I can check them every 10 minutes or so and despatch quickly with the PCP

They run along behind some bushes quite frequently but are only visible for about a foot or so, hence not being able to get a shot off. If I put a sticky board down it will slow them enough for a quick and certain death. :hmm:

Thought about double sided tape (a good one, 3Ms) but I don't think it will do the job.

Thanks

my brother is a manager at asda and they use this method belive me they get a lot of ratsb but you will never hear about it even from the pest companys they are sworn to secrecy.

Oooooh, I can feel a blackmail campaign coming on :):)

:good::)

i got some off ebay,they are only a couple a quid each.and by god they're sticky,when it comes to trying to peel a mouse off them you end up ripping the mouse to shreads trying to remove it (dont worry the mouse is dead before trying to remove it).they would hold a rat easy.

You may still be able to get them on the internet, but i have heard they are trying to get them banned due to the fact they are cruel :good:

They are very good i have used them in the past, if you need to get any none target species off you can use veg oil.

search for "glue boards".... 6 for £4.99

Even if you use glue boards it takes a while before Ratty trusts them and walks over them. I use a whole range of snap traps and cages, but now my favourite is my Rat Zapper.

It took a real long time before the rats got used to it, the mice took to it first, but now it has the rat scent in it I catch regularly. It nicely shoves a couple of thousand volts through the rat and it dont get up from that.

Its safe to use, runs on a couple of batteries that power an induction coil. ratty steps onto the live plate, puts its nose down to eat on the earth plate and a lovely lightning bolt goes straight up its snout.

Instant, and no walking away from it. After I got it working it has cleared out all my rats.

Secret to getting it working, dont clean it, if you get any mice in it let them stay a while to get the smell really into the thing, and dont handle it without gloves. It doen't hurt you, but bare hands leaves that human "beware" smell on it.

Edited by covlocks