Decoying crows/rooks/jackdaws on a silaged field or even just a grass

wids

Now I saw someone post a video up the other day showing how he had done very well decoying them onto just a grass field :rolleyes:

Around at the moment is a ruck load of jackdaws flocking about with many this years young among them, so im attempting to have a crack at them as soon as the grass is cut for silage (Sounds like this week sometime from what the farmer has said) does anyone have any advice?

Im thinking definate magnet use to get some needed movement and decoys. There is only grass around the area so the movement should be enough for them to come have a look and offer some shooting, especially with this years young not just as wise yet!

Cheers for any advice

One of the best bits of kit I've found for crow/jackdaw shooting is a flapper. I have one with an intermittent timer fitted to it. When the birds see the 'decoy' flapping, they think it could be an injured bird and will investigate.

Also, another brilliant bit of kit is the Primos Power Crow call. When used correctly, and in conjunction with the flapper/decoys etc, it's devastating.

One of the best bits of kit I've found for crow/jackdaw shooting is a flapper. I have one with an intermittent timer fitted to it. When the birds see the 'decoy' flapping, they think it could be an injured bird and will investigate.

Also, another brilliant bit of kit is the Primos Power Crow call. When used correctly, and in conjunction with the flapper/decoys etc, it's devastating.

Thanks for the advice buddy - I dont have a flapper or a call :yes::drinks: Ah well ill see how I go and maybe invest if its a failure without these bits of kit!

Flocked Decoys and a very good hide are paramount when shooting Corvids - movement is a dead give away- you need to be stock still until the very moment before you raise the shotgun to take the shot

I would recommend No6 x 32 shells also with at least a 1/2 choke and a 12 gauge semi auto if you have one

good Luck

Les :drinks:

I had a corker on them on Sunday and only bit I'll add is if you can set up under a tree it really helps to stop them spotting you from above. I've really upset the ones near me as the farmer hasn't heard them since, only shot 35 of them so they're staying well away from the farm you could say he's chuffed at not being woken at 4am by the noisy black rats