tenby/milford haven/haverford west

eddoakley

Thinking of heading down that way for a couple of days, just to get away. Will chuck some fishing tackle in the van as I know a few spots around Fishguard that I enjoy. Anyone suggest any good spots, pubs, shooting opportunities etc down that neck of the woods?

Cheers

Edd

I used to be based in Haverfordwest so enjoyed Pembrokeshire for a few years. Me and the family used to drive to Little Haven (Small village next to Milford Haven) when the weather was nice. If you hire a sea kayak from the local Sea Sports shop you can launch in the early morning at high tide, paddle out 200 metres and turn right into a lovely 1/4 mile beach cove which is inaccessible until low tide meaning you get the beach, pretty much, to yourselves for a few hours. "NAKED BEACH AHOY" Oh yes, you can also do some pretty productive trolling. There are some decent makerel shoals and the sea bass aren't too shaby either. Spider crab are also in abundance providing they are within legal dimensions.

The whole area is pretty damn beautiful and caters for most. Solva and St Davids also have a lot of sights to see and the beer is clean aswell. Nice dinner at sunset in Solva is guaranteed to bag you some brownie points.

Hope you have a great trip,

Mac.

Stackpole Quay and Barafundle beach which is just along the cliff top is spectacular! The rock marks at Stackpole are definitely worth a go for some mackerel and pollock.

Manorbier is visible from there (big white Norman church), 20 minute drive. And you can generally hit into some mackerel and often bass fishing from the rocks up the left hand side of the beach.

FM :good:

I went on a stag do last year a little further along at St Davids.

Sea Kayaking Day 1 - awesome

Coasteering Day 2 - a-flipping-mazing - I was terrified to begin with, and ended up having one of the best days ever. It also helps clear a hangover!

I went with www.tyf.com and can highly recommend them.

We went to the only nightclub in town for the evening which also doubles as the Rugby Club - what can I say, the Welsh are complete party animals, straight in, on the dancefloor, then the bar - great bunch!

I spent a week in tenby last year. Brilliant.

Tenby marine for sea kayaking, jet skis etc all at good prices. Mackerel fishing from the boats that advertise near the harbour was excellent as well. They also have food and beer festivals in the harbour regularly which are excellent.

We also got a small boat across to a small island (name escapes me) with a monestary on it. It was one of the most peaceful places I have ever been in my entire life I kid you not.

A good restaurant was the Plantagenet in Tenby, fairly pricey but excellent food.

Numerous pubs in Saundersfoot and Tenby. Brilliant place and area in general.

I didnt do any shooting as the other half banned me!!!!!

Not at Brawdy were you by any chance?

Roger that, Brawdy the land where the rain comes in horizontaly. Some of the best times so far. Shooting was great and running the dogs around Lys y Fran resevoir (probably spelt wrong - apologies to our welsh brothers).