I need a new mobile phone - which one

V8landy

Start new job in a few weeks and current job get a free phone, new job dont, but means no call outs!

So I need a new phone. Dont need the lastest thing to show off, just need it to make calls, txts but would like a nice camera, maybe mp3 player, oh and bluetooth, maybe wifi

Even with my current free phone, I dont do more than 4 txtx per week, and suspect I phone less than 10 mins per week.

I have found this, dose it look OK for £3.33 per month (after cash bacK) I have done cash back in the past and it worked Ok.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/aw1/search.aspx?oc=18O220C011

EDIT to add, need it on O2, ad best recpetion where I am and OH is on O2

Edited by V8landy

But that phone alone even at Tescos is £80 That = £4.44 over 18 months, and that is without the cost of txts and phone calls.

The above gives me free txts and 100 mins per month :rolleyes:;)

My current phone is a Nokia 6300

This one has the buttons you talk of, like my 6300 and is about £5 per month with 3000 txts per month (dont think will do that in my life) and 100 mins per month

http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/o2-contr...te=future|83231

Edited by V8landy

But that phone alone even at Tescos is £80 That = £4.44 over 18 months, and that is without the cost of txts and phone calls.

:rolleyes: ..and I thought my phone bills were expensive...!

Since my first phone, I don't think I've had a monthly bill under £50. That's a good month.

What the h*ll do you do to Spend £50+ per month on a phone?:rolleyes:

Thats £600 per year, or another way to look at it, just booked 1 weeks all inclusive to Sharm for easter 2011 for only £100 more

I think before I start to buy another phone I will speak to my new Boss/Company and see if I might be getting a phone ot if I can squeeze one out of them.

What the h*ll do you do to Spend £50+ per month on a phone?:rolleyes:

Thats £600 per year, or another way to look at it, just booked 1 weeks all inclusive to Sharm for easter 2011 for only £100 more

I think before I start to buy another phone I will speak to my new Boss/Company and see if I might be getting a phone ot if I can squeeze one out of them.

Well you send 4 texts a week and talk for less than 100 minutes a month on your phone....

...That's a day's usage for me. ;) (plus a few more texts)

Samsung Tocco Lite is a good phone. My daughter has one. Well made . Rather snazzy,made for the teen market possibly but still good. Carfone Whorehouse were doing them for £49 or the LG Cookie. Camera only so so though.

I have gone back to my LG Viewty ku990i. Plain and simple with a 5mp camera plus flash. Best mobile I have had.The HTC range are supposed to be good with Android software. I like touch screen despite being a fogey.

That dialaphone deal is ok as long as you remember to claim back the refunds for the line rental. You'll pay £20 a month, and then at 6, 12 and 18 months have to submit a form to claim back the line rental charges. Which you'll probably forget to do (i did with mine) and end up paying the full amount.

I'd buy a PAYG phone!

xperia x10 = dogs danglies as far as I am concerned - android OS and shedloads of free apps to d/load, its the first phone I've had which is a proper pocket pc rather than a phone trying to do other things! BTW I use it as a pc rather than a phone, hardly any calls and only a few texts but love it anyway