Lee Load All Reloader.

I have squired the above. It has a bushing capacity chart with it, but the size of bush in the bar isn't on the chart. The powder bush is 224 and the shot bush is 1 1/8 oz. I have a supply of Nobel 80 powder that came with the machine. The largest size on the bushing chart is .198.

2 questions. Is this powder safe to use as set up and what weight of powder iis being dispensed.

Regards,

Ian

Hi ..

I seem to remember this has come up before on one of the sites ...

If its an older Lee they had a different way of numbering the bushes. Either by diameter or capacity (cu/inch?)

If you have a powder scale then weigh a number of throws.

They also discussed Nobel powders which are not current but if good should still be usable.

Hopefully there is someone who used to load the old 1 1/8 th trap/ skeet loads will have the answer on this.

Have you tried the Lee site or googling around 'Lee' and powder bushes etc?

yeasterday i bought a lee hand press kit from an auction,it looks to be in very good order and i think the dies are for a 38 special.i have no use for it,so what i'm really asking is,whats it worth??

sorry wanderinstar for the treading on this thread.

Your playing with the devil if you don't weigh your powder charges trust me get some digital scales off of evilbay and go from there also go on the Nobel sport website for data and follow it exactly if not you could do you your gun or somebody some serious harm all the best

The WHITE 224 powder bushing was added by Lee for use in England with the Nobel-Glasgow 80 series powders. These powders were very bulky and required a 'cut-down' version to afford the extra volume needed.

Note: The bushing size, e.g. .198, .189, .163 etc., refer to 'cubic inches' whereas the yellow Lee scoops are graduated in 'cubic centimetres' (c.c.)

( A 2.2cc scoop = .134 bushing, etc)

Edited by Floating Chamber

The Lyman 4th ed Shotshell Reloading Handbook (1998) has a Lee Bushing table which includes the Nobel powders. Only gives up to #.198. ( 22gn Nobel 80)

As has been said above : check what the bush actually throws with a reasonable scale...

The Handbook has no load data for Nobel powders

The Lyman 4th ed Shotshell Reloading Handbook (1998) has a Lee Bushing table which includes the Nobel powders. Only gives up to #.198. ( 22gn Nobel 80)

As has been said above : check what the bush actually throws with a reasonable scale...

The Handbook has no load data for Nobel powders

The WHITE 224 powder bushing was added by Lee for use in England with the Nobel-Glasgow 80 series powders. These powders were very bulky and required a 'cut-down' version to afford the extra volume needed.

Note: The bushing size, e.g. .198, .189, .163 etc., refer to 'cubic inches' whereas the yellow Lee scoops are graduated in 'cubic centimetres' (c.c.)

( A 2.2cc scoop = .134 bushing, etc)

Ahh, that explains why I cant find the 224 bushing on the "Bushing Capacity Chart". Don't suppose you know what weight of powder is issued by the 224 bush?

I think the point that Sitsinhedges, Floating Chambers and other posters are highlighting is that there can be a wide variation between powder batches in terms of density ( possibly as much as +/- 8%!!) and so a given volumetric bush could throw a different charge weight to that listed ... Hence the 'weigh it and see what you've got advice'.

Here's the postings on a vaguely similar question ....

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...;hl=mec+bushing