licence

I sent my application to South Wales Police at the beginning of May and I've heard nothing either. I think you might be hoping a bit to get any response in a few weeks, particularly after the Cumbria tragedy (which I know shouldn't make any difference, but just might).

I sent my application to South Wales Police at the beginning of May and I've heard nothing either. I think you might be hoping a bit to get any response in a few weeks, particularly after the Cumbria tragedy (which I know shouldn't make any difference, but just might).

Worth phoning them to check, after 8 weeks you should have heard something, leave it 8 weeks from posting before chasing as this is normal South wlaes have 3 FEO's who are very busy but you should here from one with 6-8 weeks to arrange a interview/visit or a letter back explaining why you were declined. The FLO office is very friendly but very busy.

Worth phoning them to check, after 8 weeks you should have heard something, leave it 8 weeks from posting before chasing as this is normal South wlaes have 3 FEO's who are very busy but you should here from one with 6-8 weeks to arrange a interview/visit or a letter back explaining why you were declined. The FLO office is very friendly but very busy.

I took your advice and rang SWP. Very friendly response; they're busy, haven't forgotten me and gave me the mobile number for the case officer. I rang him, and he apologised for being swamped with work but promised that the interview will be arranged for as soon as possible. Can't fault their friendly attitude - long may it continue.

South yorks are mega busy 12 week turn around ish

Just be patient mate give them a bell after 8 weeks they wil proberly

Arrange an interveiw with u on phone Hope that helps

Swiss

Up here in Lothian & Borders the normal turnround is 8 weeks but it can be delayed if your GP takes too long to give your medical assessment or you countersignatory is on holiday. No harm in making a phone call to check on progress. As has been said above, they are nice people just doing their job.

Jim

I took your advice and rang SWP. Very friendly response; they're busy, haven't forgotten me and gave me the mobile number for the case officer. I rang him, and he apologised for being swamped with work but promised that the interview will be arranged for as soon as possible. Can't fault their friendly attitude - long may it continue.

Good to hear, a mates SGC is in for renewal so I'll tell him not to expect it back too quick then....If you've got Malcolm he is a top guy really nice

Edited by HDAV