Laser Sight

Browning GTS

mayfly has one, we took it out last week, unbelievable how well it worked! picked up rabbits out to 150m+, had a good field beam spread and showed rabbits up clearly when the beam was focused on them. have to admit theyre a bit pricey for me at the minute, if the attempted bodge job im making doesnt work (:good:) ill wait til hong kong start making them before picking one up ;):hmm:

nd-3 is close to £300 :hmm:

dont have a vid but i can guarantee i was shocked how well they work. ive owned a few green lasers so know how far the beam travels at night, i thought the nd-3 might be a bit weak, but as i said was picking up eyes at 150m+, theyre essentially a green laser with a lens in front of them to diffract the beam out, it can be focused for a wide beam for scanning then tightened up for a smaller beam to illuminate the target better :good:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

Hog Hungting with them (and a .17hmr!) :good:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

its an interesting concept, basically like a scope mounted lamp just a different beam. the only issue is if you're using a handheld lamp to find foxes / rabbits its possibly redundant

Exactly the reason i purchased the above. I have no longer any reason to carry a large battery pack and lamp when this little gem effectivly turns your scope into a night vision scene. I have my eyes now on the ND-3X40 Which goes out to 500 yards, which im going to mount on the 223. So far well impressed with the concept off no large lamps or batteries, AND IT IS TRULY 100% EFFECTIVE. VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.

I have been looking at these and was a bit sceptical about the 250 yard range :) Those who have one,,what is the real practical range ?

While ive had this, ive been trying it out at various ranges and it depends on how you set the light, ie using the lense, small or large, now a few nights ago i picked up cattle grazing in a field pitch black i might add, and they were at least 250 to 300 yards away, no problem at all, could make out full features as well, now if you play aroung with the lense you will find your happy spot, the area you are happy with range wise and clarity. I also picked up a set off eyes with the ND-3 over 600 yards away, but not able to verify, cattle i think as they were right besIde alarge barn in the distance. FROM 20 YRDS TO 250 YARDS YOU WILL DEFINITLY HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING YOUR TARGET, you really need to have 1 to understand the performance off this laser, thats why im getting the next 1 up the ladder for the larger rife.ON ITS TIGHTEST LENSE SETTING, THIS CAN BE USED AS AN EMERGENCY AID LIGHT AS ITS VISIBLE UP TO 3 MILE.

Edited by mayfly36

$330-$350 depending on which model you go for. I was eyeing them up after i saw the ad in a gun magazine. Likewise a bit pricey for this sort of thing for me at the mo. :)

Mark

$249.99 = £162.00 FOR THE ND-3 from the states and $389.99 for the ND-3x40 = £254 .......BOTH cheaper than than in the uk.

Edited by mayfly36

While ive had this, ive been trying it out at various ranges and it depends on how you set the light, ie using the lense, small or large, now a few nights ago i picked up cattle grazing in a field pitch black i might add, and they were at least 250 to 300 yards away, no problem at all, could make out full features as well, now if you play aroung with the lense you will fing your happy spot, the area you are happy with range wise and clarity. I also picked up a set off eyes with the ND-3 over 600 yards away, but not able to verify, cattle i think as they were right besIde alarge barn in the distance. FROM 20 YRDS TO 250 YARDS YOU WILL DEFINITLY HAVE NO PROBLEM SEEING YOUR TARGET, you really need to have 1 to understand the performance off this laser, thats why im getting the next 1 up the ladder for the larger rife.ON ITS TIGHTEST LENSE SETTING, THIS CAN BE USED AS AN EMERGENCY AID LIGHT AS ITS VISIBLE UP TO 3 MILE.

stop it,you are going to make me spend money :)

ps already found the nd3 x50 for £348

Yes.

I may just have to get one.It would come in very handy from 1 of the high seats i stuck up at a chicken farm.

now unfortunatly, it is illegal to send lasers out of the u.s.a, falls under the category off ammunition and weapon category, scopes etc, so unless you can get someone to, ahem, send it to you.

Edited by mayfly36