pigeon shooting

alpherneil

how many bouncers do you use would 2 be enough

Yes, even one is enough to catch their eye, a flapper on the ground of the flat spot is good too as the birds have to flap over the bent stalks in the flattened areas and is worth using if you have one.

Last time out I used 3 floaters(not bouncers) and 8 shells. The floaters in one area of flattened crop

and the shells on the edge nearest me(wind from behind) both on the tall stalks and in the bottom.

I had plenty of action with the majority of birds coming into the shells after seeing the floaters first(I assume!).

GH

Last time out I used 3 floaters(not bouncers) and 8 shells. The floaters in one area of flattened crop

and the shells on the edge nearest me(wind from behind) both on the tall stalks and in the bottom.

I had plenty of action with the majority of birds coming into the shells after seeing the floaters first(I assume!).

GH

I've had good sport lately using a similar set up. Put the floaters in the wheelings so the float over standing wheat and place a few decoy shells in the flattened area.

I've seen people put shelled decoys on standing crops and i must admit the pigeons don't seem to mind despite a real pigeon would never be able to balance on a single stalk of barley! :good:

Hi,

we went out yesterday and put half a dozen shells on the standing corn around a very small flattened spot and a few more in the flat spot, the birds decoyed well, most attempting to land in the flat spot.

with the breeze the shells on the standing corn moved around nicely :good:

Only there for an hour but dropped 13, picking 10 as others were lost in the corn, but highlight of the day was my 8 year old lad nailing an incoming bird, his first ever with a shotty :hmm: :look:

Hi,

we went out yesterday and put half a dozen shells on the standing corn around a very small flattened spot and a few more in the flat spot, the birds decoyed well, most attempting to land in the flat spot.

with the breeze the shells on the standing corn moved around nicely :yes:

Only there for an hour but dropped 13, picking 10 as others were lost in the corn, but highlight of the day was my 8 year old lad nailing an incoming bird, his first ever with a shotty :sneaky2::shifty:

I actually ordered a dozen dead bird cradles today which are meant to be particularly good on laid crops and stubble, i can't wait to try them! :shifty: