Franchi SPAS

Dirty Harry

A SPAS 12 on shotgun ticket is not the most popular gun in the world. I've had a couple in the past, they were great fun, but that was pre-87 act when they could have folding stock and 8+1 capacity.

The 2 safeties were over complicated and the pump action facility was only any good for clearing a jam. It was too cumbersome to use as a pump action. A "crook" was originally included on the butt of the gun which allowed you to shoot single handed. (It doubled up as a carrying handle when the stock was folded, but that facility went out with the '87 law)

Basically, it is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Not much help I know, but as a current section 2 firearm any attractive features of the gun have been lost through legislation. If you want a big bad looking heavy gun, great but there are a lot better guns about.

A motorcycle equivalent would be a 34 bhp restricted Harley !

A SPAS 12 on shotgun ticket is not the most popular gun in the world. I've had a couple in the past, they were great fun, but that was pre-87 act when they could have folding stock and 8+1 capacity.

The 2 safeties were over complicated and the pump action facility was only any good for clearing a jam. It was too cumbersome to use as a pump action. A "crook" was originally included on the butt of the gun which allowed you to shoot single handed. (It doubled up as a carrying handle when the stock was folded, but that facility went out with the '87 law)

Basically, it is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. Not much help I know, but as a current section 2 firearm any attractive features of the gun have been lost through legislation. If you want a big bad looking heavy gun, great but there are a lot better guns about.

A motorcycle equivalent would be a 34 bhp restricted Harley !

Yes but what a bit of kit ;)

LB