A lot can happen in 45 minutes

welsh1

I have a few days off so i decided to go out for an evenings shoot,had it all planned out,first onto one of the golf courses,and do a bit of thinning out,and then to the chicken farm and see if i could get a few foxes.

Well the weather has been miserable,so i checked the met office,the bbc and met check,they all told me from 21:00 until 04:00 clear skies slight breeze,great.

So get all my kit together and at 22:00 off i set.

Get to the golf course and its very humid but nice and clear,attach the lamp boots on and away i go,now this golf course is a clear everything,rabbits and foxes,and i get to keep it by doing just that,i step onto the fairway and kneel down,no matter how many times i come on here,there is always a few rabbits in this spot,sure enough i pop on the lamp a at least 6 rabbits run for the woods,but a couple freeze,i choose one and pull the trigger,one less rabbit,only a small one.

Walk the next fairway and see nothing,so i go behind the trees where there is a track running through some rough grass,sure enough a rabbit about 60 yds away,down on my belly and bipod and another one meets its maker,walk round the corner and shine down the next fairway and see 4 rabbits,i get down on the bipod and select the nearest,about 30yds and pop him,i flick the light off chamber another round and flick the light back on,there is still a rabbit there,line up the crosshairs and number 4 is in the pot.

I go to a mound that sits about 20 feet above one of the fairways,and as i get there it starts to rain,i think its only going to be a shower so have a scan with the lamp,HELLO a set of eyes about 200yds away,i pull out my wam and give a squeak,in it comes,get down on my belly,bipod ready,quick shine and a squeak and its foxy trotting toward me,then the skys open up and it lashes it down,foxy is about 80yds away and i give a growl to stop it,it looks straight up at me and i pull the trigger,straight in the chest and it dropped on the spot,the rain is now so bad i can't see through my scope.

I check it out and it is a young female,whip the camera out and take a photo,you can see the size of the rain drops in the photo.

I decide to call it a night,i'm soaked to the skin,and the rifle will need some cleaning and oiling,so i walk back to the van,take my boots off and look at the time,exactly 45 minutes,so not a bad night. :blink:

The second photo is a couple of rabbits at reading services on the m4,there were dozens of them,i gave a squeak and they all stood up for me :good:

p1000530jp.jpg

p1000517z.jpg

Edited by welsh1

Good shooting and a great read mate. :blink: :lol::good:

Is that a VZ452 I see in the photo? :D

It is indeed a cz452 17hmr, the barrel is unchopped,i like the way it feels and shoots,it drives Dave my shooting partner mad because all my rifles are unchopped, all his are chopped to the max,and shoot great,but i'm a 6 footer and it feels right with a bigger rifle.