Pigeon shooting in Northern Ireland

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot a dozen on a barley which had been flattened by either birds or the heavy rain recently, that was n a couple of hours. I am fairly new to the decoying scene and only had shell deeks, i reckon if had a few bouncers/whirleys i would have pulled more in.

very few pigeons in my area and even less barley fields.must be to do with the wet season last year.farmers are trying other crops.i had one day with 20 odd in a barley field last week.i have been rabbit shooting every opportunity this year.i must endeavour to get back to the avian pests and get the dust off the shotguns.

plenty of fields cut now. and loads of pigeons about. I'd say there will be a few boys out after them this weekend. heading out tomorrow first thing. Saw a field this morning and there must have been 500 birds on its. saw another this afternoon with about the same amount again. asked at the first place, but the guy doesn't like the shooting. Second one was fine, said to go ahead. So, going to give them a blast in the morning.

40 woodies today in flattened wheat and 2 crows

good going on the flattened wheat, they seem to still like the wheat even when it is still a bit green, is it because it is soft inside. Did you use a rotary, are they good in the standing crop beside the flattened areas? :good:

used a mk4 flapper and a floater/bouncer and they decoyed well to it only used a rotay twice last year and both times it scared most of the pigeons a couple of pics of the last 2 outings these pics are already on the sporting pic section but will stick them on here as well

036.jpg

043.jpg

used a mk4 flapper and a floater/bouncer and they decoyed well to it only used a rotay twice last year and both times it scared most of the pigeons a couple of pics of the last 2 outings these pics are already on the sporting pic section but will stick them on here as well

036.jpg

043.jpg

Was that weather damage or would the bould woodies beat it down as well, whatever it is they have made some mess of it. Thats a beaut springer, is she steady in the hide.

it was the weather the whole field is nearly flattened , aye she is steady enough in the hide the big dog in the bottom pic is a far better dog i hope to run him in field trials this year , im out in the morn again at a cut barley field have a choice of 2 im off work all this week so gonna get in as much shooting as i can , will prob have to rob a bank as well with the price of cartridges :good: