MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER

busdennis

They are a imported version of a shogun sport but have a 2.8 engine instead of a 2.5.They also have a timeing chain instead of a belt.

Had no problems with mine and had it 2 years.

The one your looking at seems a good price. :good:

Ibought mine private though and paid less for a p reg.

I had the V6 3.5 Litre GDI petrol though 249 bhp, had the superselect gearbox evo body kit and went like the brown stuff off of a shovel, it was but as you can guess a bit sore on the fuel being petrol but was one of 50 produced, just too expensive to use as a towny, off road plenty torque and power.

it is more or less a shogun sport same chasis (L200) just has more bells and tinsel than a shogun sport.

been searching for a nice surf for months but come across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

anybody got one. are they just the imported version of the shogun sport? capable off road? drive like a car on road? mpg? spares?

anythin i have'nt thought of

thanks

Hiya, The Challenger is the better built (earlier) of the Mitsy SS....it eventually became the Sport, but (IMO) isnt as well appointed as the Challenger...tinny doors etc....I have a 1999 V6 Petrol Challenger, ( 200BHP ) and love it to bits..had it almost 6 years now, and not regretted buying it....it does everything it says in the tin..VERY capable off road, never been stuck with it, and I towed my boat with the car and launched in some funny places..:yes: In up to maybe 18inches of water sometimes...It def drives like a car, tho, my mate has the same as the one in the ad, (diesel) and to be honest, it's a tad slow.even he would tell you that......I can pull away from lights, quicker than his, and thats with a boat on the back....:yes:

MPG, for both is around the same, no boat and I'll get up to 25mpg...he gets maybe one MPG more...we've both done a trip to the south coast of England in them, from Glasgow... and over all used the same money in fuel, £200, four up, and all the gear..at motorway speeds no problems...

Spares, go to Milner Off Road, in the Midlands.. http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=1 .very good, and very reasonable...I've not had any problems yet in getting spares....and the local garages can do the repairs as well...no need for Mitsy megaprices...:yes:

Any more info/help, dont hesitate to get in touch...:oops: I wouldnt hestitate in getting another one..or advising you to get one....but they stopped making the Challenger in about 1999...:good:

Good luck.