can you still?

Can you still use a shotgun when you turn 15 on land which you have permission to shoot on, on your own?

The usual categorical yes and no answers from PW :good:

So here is my answer-

Yes - as long as you hold a valid shotgun certificate as well as your other point about permission.

Hmph! You are wrong you dont have to be 18 :good: The new legilation only changes the HIRE and PURCHASE age from 17 to 18. So a person aged 15 or over can have a assembled shotgun in his/her possession on land which they have permission to shoot on. I am 16 :hmm:

from the BASC website

15-17 year olds, gifting and use

The parent or guardian signature required by the certificate application form for anybody

under 17 was deemed to be compliant with the EU Directive. This age group are still

allowed to be on private premises with an assembled shotgun without supervision.

The new laws mainly effect buying age, the laws about using one remain the same:

Shotgun - Over 15 you can use one anywhere with permission unsupervised with sgc.

Firearm - You can use one unsupervised at any age with fac (bearing in mind its 14 to get a fac)

have a read up on what you cann and cannot do at different ages , google connexions it about what you can do as you get older .. its a pretty reliable website but about a month ago i checked and im sure it was , you cannot borrow a gun and shoot unsupervised on land you have permission to shoot on if your 15 but if you have a sgc you can shoot on land unsupervised with permission -- sorry if this makes no sence (newbie alert ha)

The new laws mainly effect buying age, the laws about using one remain the same:

Shotgun - Over 15 you can use one anywhere with permission unsupervised with sgc.

Firearm - You can use one unsupervised at any age with fac (bearing in mind its 14 to get a fac)

Thats what I thought. Thanks for everyone who replied,(generally I think the responce was yes :angry:). I'm not totally sure how the foreshore comes into this though? mabye if your a member of a wildfowling club you would be legal? :unsure:

As always, any opinions are greatly appreciated :blink: