What comes after Harvest?

adam f

Having only been shooting since the start of this year Ive not seen a full year of shooting.

Now seems to be the main pigeon 'season' with cut rape and barley etc - but what comes next?

I'm still actively seeking permissons of my own, but just wondered when the harvest finishes and what comes after?

Having only been shooting since the start of this year Ive not seen a full year of shooting.

Now seems to be the main pigeon 'season' with cut rape and barley etc - but what comes next?

I'm still actively seeking permissons of my own, but just wondered when the harvest finishes and what comes after?

Autumn drillings and beans in september, then you have the pheasant shooting season and it all goes a bit quiet but come jan/feb its all rape

Hi

Ask the land owner whats going on, i shot well into november on stubble which was left for spring barley for next year

had good days on beans after the harvest, the fields had been drilled with wheat but they was loads of beans around.

its all recon missions and checking your fields, then its winter rape if you can get on if they is no pheasant shooting.

other than its beating and wildfowling.

September = Un-ploughed ceral stubbles- Harvested Beans

October = Autumn Drilings, Beech ast, Acorns, Harvested Maize Stubble

November = Oilseed rape, beans- sugar beet tops, Set aside stubbles

December = Oil seed rap, potatoe fields

Then were into the new year

Les :good:

September = Un-ploughed ceral stubbles- Harvested Beans

October = Autumn Drilings, Beech ast, Acorns, Harvested Maize Stubble

November = Oilseed rape, beans- sugar beet tops, Set aside stubbles

December = Oil seed rap, potatoe fields

Then were into the new year

Les :blush:

Lez is totally right in his reply but there maybe regional varations of crops, also he missed that dec you spend countless hours chasing hundreds of birds from one rape filed to another.

Cheers OTH

Lez is totally right in his reply but there maybe regional varations of crops, also he missed that dec you spend countless hours chasing hundreds of birds from one rape filed to another.

Cheers OTH

aint that the truth.

dont forget the woods, i like me roost shooting and flight lines to the out of bounds woods.hehe

Phil