Oh dear

Dunkield

Further to the post about buying myself an auto, I thought there had been enought 'from me to me' presents lately (if there is such a thing) so I decided to do something for the family for once :thumbs:

So, I/we are now the proud owner of a Lincoln Premier 20bore.

I got it secondhand and had to give it a bit of once over and a damn good clean, but I can't beleive how well put together it is, it has the usual miss matched wood on the fore-end and stock but apart from that it is a peach. I had a Browning Medalist apart a few months ago and this thing blows that away in terms of quality of metal etc.

The boy loves it and had a couple of shots yesterday just to go through the safety aspects and to make sure he is familiar with the 'controls'

Next weekeend he wants to have a go at some clays and is already asking about when he is going pigeon shooting :lol: :thumbs:

Go on then, post some pictures!

How much did you get it for? I'm seriously thinking about getting a shotgun this year (and selling my air rifle to pay for it) so I need as much info as possible on what I can afford for the money I hae available.

Wookie

'from me to me' presents

I thought it was just me that had them, i like to think of them as early xmas and birthday presents. The earlier the better really then there's time for more early xmas and birthday presents before the real thing.

I also had to sell my AA S410c to finance getting a shotgun. ( bit to expensive for the xmas & bday thing ). Gutted at the time but ok now as just got a complete rimfire package for 1/4 of the Air rifle price. 1st morning out with it today and got a bunny.

Jim.

Yup, forgot about that, here we go.

It is not as fancy as yours magaman, but clean and very hardly used though.

I am getting leather but extender recoil pad kind of thing so I can use it as well :/ as it comes up very short on me but fits the lad perfectly.

The plan is to for him to do a relatively easy 50 bird clay shoot on Sunday so if he can't manage to do all the stands his 'mentor' will finish off for him, and ruin his card :D

You can see it is clean enough, but can't realy see the miss match in the wood colour that easily from this picture. I <may> strip the varnish of the wood and stain the fore end to match the stock and then oil it, but let's see how Sunday goes first :lol:

HPIM0210__Large_.JPG

Yup, forgot about that, here we go.

It is not as fancy as yours magaman, but clean and very hardly used though.

I am getting leather but extender recoil pad kind of thing so I can use it as well :( as it comes up very short on me but fits the lad perfectly.

The plan is to for him to do a relatively easy 50 bird clay shoot on Sunday so if he can't manage to do all the stands his 'mentor' will finish off for him, and ruin his card :/

You can see it is clean enough, but can't realy see the miss match in the wood colour that easily from this picture. I <may> strip the varnish of the wood and stain the fore end to match the stock and then oil it, but let's see how Sunday goes first :lol:

Stuart, thats a smashing looking gun. :D I bet your son is delighted with it? :(

Cheers Frank, it will on here in the for sale section the day he beats me with it   :lol:

So, not long now probably   :*)

I'll make the first bid then stuartp, a pony :)

LB

Hi LB does he get a saddle with the pony :D:/ :(

No hawkeye but I will throw in some hay :( :D:)

LB

Stuart, thats a smashing looking gun. :lol: I bet your son is delighted with it? :/

Cheers Frank,

Yes he is very taken with it, he must be, he has stopped going on about a new guitar for at least a couple of days now :D

Magman or anyone else for that matter, do you know where I can download a manual for the Lincoln? I will try David Nickerson, but if anyone knows a link to one directly that would be much appreciated.

Just out of interest Stuart, you say this 20g fits your lad a treat, what sort of height/build is he as I'm wondering whether one of these guns would fit my fiance? She's only tiny, about 5'3", slim built and 8stone wet through and really struggles with the weight, but more so the length (of barrels AND stock) of my Beretta 686. Looking for perhaps a shorter 12g, or scaled down 20g for her to use at sporting clays.

Marc

PS Glad you lad's enjoying his shooting, please let us know what he thinks to shooting clays when you take him.

Edited by Marc M

Hi Marc,

He is like I was, pretty lightly built (I made up for later in life :lol: ) but of more relevance to you is the fact the gun also fits mrs stuartp very well.

She is about 5'5" and a size 8, so also lightly built. She can't even hold my 687 out at arms length but had a couple of shots with the Lincoln and got on just fine. so it might be route worth investigating for you? there seem to be plenty of them arround.

I wouldn't have minded getting another Beretta but just couldn't justify the outlay + smallbores are like rocking horse **** at the moment, maybe when he is gets his first Olympic Gold..... :D

I wouldn't have minded getting another Beretta but just couldn't justify the outlay + smallbores are like rocking horse **** at the moment, maybe when he is gets his first Olympic Gold..... :lol:

You southerners are too soft for your own good... FIRST Olympic gold? I'd at least wait till he'd proved himself and had a brace of them before stumping up for the Beretta... :D

My hereditory Scottish tightness asside, I'll definitely keep my eye out for any 20g Lincoln Premier's in the local dealers. When my lass holds my 686 with her hand correctly on the pistol grip she can't mount the gun correctly as the butt sticks out about 2" passed her back!

Thanks rob, I want to get the ejectors out and have good clean + oil up before it gets used in anger.

Marc,

There are loads of them on Guntrader, but all more than I paid for mine :thumbs:

Just as way of an update, I bit the bullet and stripped the varnish off the fore end tonight, looks bit ill now! I will do the stock and stain them to the same colour and then oil them both up.

If it all goes t*ts up I might accept LB's offer :*)

HPIM0212.jpg

Stuart, you may well surprise yourself, I've personally stripped and refinished the woodwork on an old Theoben Olympus air rifle of mine, and my current Beretta 686 was professionally redone by Don Robinson. Both looked 10 times better refinished than as standard.

Yeah it came ok for an average bit of timber, I am more of traditional stainless/plastic man when it comes to rifles :rolleyes::lol:

Marc,

As you asked ealier in the week, the boy did well at his first shoot, he 17 ex 50

He missed some completely but was smacking some very tricky rabbits, so he was well pleased, even though his left arm was aching towards then end.

More greens and some press ups me thinks!