new rifle bsa

welsh warrior

I used to have a BSA Sportsman 15, and it did hold 15 rounds. You can also get one that holds 5 rounds. It was a cheapish rifle, but very accurate. The downside was that I could not fit a scope. You could get a gunsmith to drill and tap some holes to allow a scope base to be fitted, but I don't know if the rifle would then have to be re-proofed.

if it gets drilled for a mount will it have to be proofed again as steve asked?

I'm not sure what the exact wording is but it's along the lines of...."materially weakened", this has come under great debate in relation to screw threading a barrel...so who knows?!!

I don't think you will get a definitive answer here!

Fantastic rifle the bsa 15, as previously said does hold 15 rounds and if i remember correctly it holds 20 shorts.... for mounting i'm sure b-square does a mounting bracket, best give: John Knibbs International, Hillside, Shawbury Lane, Shustoke, Warwickshire, B46 2RR t: 01675 481006 a call and he'll give you the definate answers you need.... ATB

only just noticed it ... there are 2 holes drilled at the back of the rifle where the bolt slides in in the left side is this where i could put a side mount on sort of like the ww2 scope ...or am i way off the mark?

I remember there being two holes in the side on mine as well. It must be for fitting some sort of scope bracket. I would imagine any good RFD who knows about the history of the BSA Sportsman rifle, could help you.