Torch or Lamp for a shotgun

ellebarto

Now this question might sound strange but on my permission there are great areas for just wandering around and chancing on fleeing bunnies. It makes for a fun evening and a great sporting shot for a shotgun but the 12g is a little noisey and as the light fades the bunnies are even more plentiful but its a struggle to see them.

So first I picked up a fully moderated .410 (Phantom) and then I started looking for a half decent light solution. Just something to give me a little illumination out to 25 yards or so. So far I havent been able to find a thing. The moderated barrel is quite thick but is light so I dont want to make it barrel heavy if I can avoid it. I thought there might be some kind of scope mounts available for say a maglite that I could reverse and hang under the barrel but I cant seem to find anything!

The phantom is a single barrel gun.

Anyone have any ideas or have tried anything similar?

Cheers in advance

hi!

have you thought about a head torch? the LED type may not be strong enough but cluson make a decent one that could be just what your looking for.

im sure ive seen a similar setup to your idea on fleabay..its to take a laser but im sure it could be adapted to hold a maglite..!? or even one of these..

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/accessories/to...cope_mount.html

hope this helps.

hi!

have you thought about a head torch? the LED type may not be strong enough but cluson make a decent one that could be just what your looking for.

im sure ive seen a similar setup to your idea on fleabay..its to take a laser but im sure it could be adapted to hold a maglite..!? or even one of these..

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/accessories/to...cope_mount.html

hope this helps.

MMMM!!! Head lamp I'd ruled out largely because I'd feel a ****!!!!! lol However that link looks very interesting. Just a question of how big the diameter of the scope section is! I'll mail them and ask. Thanks for that mate!

Type in romisen torch in the search facility that's what you want.

Ah now that looks like the perfect solution!! Dealextreme are US based though arent they? Just checked ebay and a few people are doing the mount torch and pressure switch all in!!!

Excellent. Cool, thanks chaps!

If it helps I have a Deben Stinger rechargable for sale, I also have and could include a couple

shaped rubber mounts which are held in place with velcro straps (can't remember where I got them from).

I have used the mounts for holding the Stinger under a 12 bore, and for putting a C size maglight on top of a scope.

Looking for £50 all in with postage, PM for pics.

Stinger also has as, as an extra, a Cree upgrade bulb unit included, but not fitted

Neil.

Edited by Hornet 6

As gaz says, this lot will sort you out:

01025 Superfire Gun Mount Pressure Pad x 1 Shipped $4.03 -

12000 Universal Nylon Mount for Flashlights and Lasers x 1 Shipped $2.21 -

16240 UltraFire WF-501B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumun LED Flashlight Black (1*18650/2*CR123A) x 1 Shipped $15.15

About £13 for the lot delivered it's a lot lighter than a C-Type torch and includes a pressure switch. The torch unfiltered is good for a couple of hundred yards and mine will stop running rabbits in their tracks.

As gaz says, this lot will sort you out:

01025 Superfire Gun Mount Pressure Pad x 1 Shipped $4.03 -

12000 Universal Nylon Mount for Flashlights and Lasers x 1 Shipped $2.21 -

16240 UltraFire WF-501B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumun LED Flashlight Black (1*18650/2*CR123A) x 1 Shipped $15.15

About £13 for the lot delivered it's a lot lighter than a C-Type torch and includes a pressure switch. The torch unfiltered is good for a couple of hundred yards and mine will stop running rabbits in their tracks.

Yep that seems the option for me. What about this Company though? Im always suspect about getting stuff shipped from the USA. I take it we have memebers that have used them and had good experiences?

As the individual that brought DealExtreme and these packages to the attention of fellow forum members I can assure you that DX are absolutely spot-on with delivery and the returns process. They are however, not quick. You need a little patience as the items are shipped via the cheapest method from the other side of the world. Also, it is vital that you check that the items you are ordering are in stock. A simple email enquiry to check is all that that takes.

Good luck and enjoy the bargains.

Try a torch. Cheap simple and no messing. If I can do it anyone can . Your gun has little recoil ( I use a 12g and am fine ) .Rest gun on your forearm pointing the LED torch ( Tesco £12 job ) with your left hand and let them have it. You can point it where you want and dont have to clutter your gun up. First time I tried it I got 4 in 20 minutes, no misses plus you can point it anywhere you like without having to point your shotgun. I find a 2 D cell LED more than enough for this.

I have a logun lamp... came with quick release bracket to attach to my air rifle scope. What I do on my hushpower .410, is to take the scope mounting bracket off the lamp, then use some black electrical tape to tape the lamp to the end of the hushpower silencer. Works great for me out in the field, the cord on the lamp is long enough so the on/off switch is near the trigger finger. My lamp is a low wattage, but still good for 30 yards - certainly well within the 410 range.