Charging Batteries

steve_b_wales

After reading a thread recently regarding re-charging batteries, I want to charge mine using a trickle charger. There are a few good ones on the market, but how will I know when the battery is fully charged?

Can I get a volt meter to connect to the battery to see when it's fully charged?

Thanks

Steve.

I find slow charging prolongs the life of the battery and you also get longer use from it when out in the field. I use a 700mv charger and find this works well, though it does need a few hours (usually overnight) to fully charge my batteries. Mine has an LED indicator which lights red when fully charged.

Edited by Cosd

I find slow charging prolongs the life of the battery and you also get longer use from it when out in the field. I use a 700mv charger and find this works well, though it does need a few hours (usually overnight) to fully charge my batteries. Mine has an LED indicator which lights red when fully charged.

What make, and where did you get your charger from?

Thanks

I have the optimate 4 for my car batteries and magent battery, its a great bit of kit and can recover even the most dead of batteries! Tells you what state it is in all the time, whether it is in recovery, charging gently, charging at a higher rate or "floating" to keep it topped up.