New to ferreting

roadkill

Hello all , Me and my work mate are going to buy a couple of ferrets , And hope to take up the sport, None of us have any previous experience in this field ... Is there anyone on here that is local to me that wouldn't mind me and my mate tagging along with them for a couple of outings just to learn the ropes... I am from the midlands area Loughborough, But i am willing to travel at least 50 miles out..

Any help would be great

Many Thanks Jamie

hello roadkill

I can sort you out with ferrets if you havnt allready got some, I have still got a few off this years young left. I am only in hugglescote (coalville) so im not far away

let me no if you are interested.

jeff

Hello Jeff

I will take you up on the offer of the ferrets , How much are you charging? I am from Shepshed so im next door to ya .... I wont be able to make it over untill Sunday // Monday which ever day is best for you??? :rolleyes:

If you can pm me you number then i can give you a call at the weekend to get your details and arrange a day to come over.

Many thanks Jamie :lol:

hi roadkill,

Ferreting season usually is september till march but I think most us start mid to late october after the first few frosts, and I will finish mid feb due to warmer weather we have down south. I'm sure some of the guys/girls are able to get a couple of weeks extra by going to higher ground where rabbits have delayed breeding?? I came across a young rabbit about 6 inches long on saturday, so seasons coming to an end.

I took this years hobs out on some short trips when they were four months old(try do 4-5 holers and put them in on their own, mine just messed about at first when down together) a few ferreters I know don't start them till there 6-7months old. Dependent on the age you get yours at, you may get 2-3 weeks of ferreting out of them this season or they might be ready for the start of next season.

happy hunting

yis andy17