FUD Vs. Sillosocks Goose decoys?

snipe

Just joined a wildfowling club, which I am really excited about. However, I want to do my part when joining a friend by buying some decoys to add to the flock!

I was wondering if anyone had experience, opinions etc. in regards to the FUD decoys as opposed to the Sillosocks? The FUD's are more expensive, but perhaps the expense is worth it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated please.

Thanks a lot,

Snipe.

Socks are ok for canada's as they are relatively easy to fool.... for Greys I would always opt for full bodied... however... FUD's are ok if you have a distance to walk... ask your mate what he would like in his pattern...... he may not appreciate socks in a full bodied patern as they may ruin the effect... next, learn how to call with a caller... good decoys need good calling... I recommend DJ callers and youtube for advice on calling :hmm:

Good hunting !

Sorry about that reply Steve I could not resist.

I will be going out on some stubble in the morning. I have a mixture of 3 types of shell deks some in wobie sticks and some with head stick.

I have some new `silly socks` that I am going to try if I can get the knots in the right place.

Do they realy flap around as I am not sure about securing the wings out with a knot any sugestions

Cheers,

BBL