Weihrauch HW60J

deputy dog

Any feed back on the Weihrauch Hw60J. Not sure what to get myself for Christmas. Iv read a few reviews on them and most have been good. But i would like to know some proper info on them from people who have actually used them on here. One thing that did appeal to me was the 2 stage rekord trigger they have got on it. Supposed to be as good as the ones used on their air rifles which to me, would be heaven. My Cz is great but the trigger is really heavy. I know i asked about trigger kits in a previous post. But to be honest i really cant be ***** with all that cuffle of taking it apart an reassemble stuff. May has well sell my Cz and to help fund buying the HW60j. Just hope its as good as its reviews as made out.

Thanks

DD

i have both the ca and hw60 rifles. you cannot compare the two together.both accurate but the hw is miles in front in build and smoothness.

Thats why i thought of up grading my gun instead of just doing the trigger system on my CZ. Reading about it made me think of up grading to some thing a little better and more to my liking with fixures an fittings. And the HW60j was the gun which seems a would be canidate for me to up grade too. Be very very nice Christmas present to myself indeed.

Cheers

DD

Edited by deputy dog

I have just bought a 17hmr hw60j and the two stage trigger is in a league of it's own and is a quality rifle, tweed was right cz and hw60 do both shoot well

But would say hw60 is a better quality finished rifle

Right i'm buying one lol. Love the caliber and i really like the Cz i got. But its time for a bit of refinement in the gun cabinet. I got to have a 2 stage trigger on my gun and it sound this one is the gun to have. Thanks guys.

Have the HW60j in 22lr, very fine piece of kit. As said trigger is superb ( and very easily adjusted with allen key thru the base of trigger guard, no disassembly ) and the bolt action is very smooth. Like the heavy barrel also as standard. I agree that it is worth the extra cash if you appreciate good quality gun build. Whether it shoots any better ... ?

They are superb guns. They completely destroy the cz in terms of build quality and they have a superb 2 stage trigger. I'm not a fan of the hog back stock myself and the weihrauch weighs alot. The CZ's also seem to shoot more makes of cartridge better (i've only tried .22lr in the weihrauch).

But if you want something a bit out of the norm that will last forever you cant go far wrong.

they look sweet dont they the hw60

That does look like a sweet nit of kit Abolt mate. The stock isn't that appealing but i suppose i could get used to it. Or buy a cheek rest to fit on it to keep my cheek in my prefered shooting style. Won't be buying one just as yet, money committed as always to bills an such at the moment. But as so as i do buy one a break her in. I will be posting results on the site for you to all read. Cant wait to be honest. Looks the biz and by reading all the positive reviews and posts. SThey shoot the biz too, so should be happy days lol.

ATB

DD

They remind me of the finnfire,lovely wood and action on these rifles,I've shot the .22 and was very envious of its owner. I would be afraid to take it out lamping though in case I scratched it!

I bought one of these a couple of months ago in .22LR. I also have a CZ/BRNO 2E in .22LR and there's a place for both of them! The HW60J has a lovely trigger and is a little heavier than the CZ. So now I'm using the CZ with open sights and the HW60J with a scope.

A suggestion for you........ look out for the screwcut HW60J with the 14" barrel. They are available for £595 or thereabouts. That's a whole £100 less than the full-length item that comes in via Hull Cartridge and well worth looking out for (I didn't care that mine was a "grey" import........ at least it doesn't have "Hull Cartridge" stamped all over it!).

Good luck.

I bought one of these a couple of months ago in .22LR. I also have a CZ/BRNO 2E in .22LR and there's a place for both of them! The HW60J has a lovely trigger and is a little heavier than the CZ. So now I'm using the CZ with open sights and the HW60J with a scope.

A suggestion for you........ look out for the screwcut HW60J with the 14" barrel. They are available for £595 or thereabouts. That's a whole £100 less than the full-length item that comes in via Hull Cartridge and well worth looking out for (I didn't care that mine was a "grey" import........ at least it doesn't have "Hull Cartridge" stamped all over it!).

Good luck.

i think you will find that hull supply the 14 "barrel as well. as for the hull cartridge stamp it`s hardly noticable.

i think you will find that hull supply the 14 "barrel as well. as for the hull cartridge stamp it`s hardly noticable.

Yes, I believe they do. I think it's a "special order" though, so I suppose the 14" barrels are produced and threaded at the factory. I just don't happen to believe that something brought in by HC should warrant a significantly-higher retail price.

I'm still wondering who actually manufactures these rifles. The HW60 and Krico 301 are, it seems, identical!

Right i'm buying one lol. Love the caliber and i really like the Cz i got. But its time for a bit of refinement in the gun cabinet. I got to have a 2 stage trigger on my gun and it sound this one is the gun to have. Thanks guys.

Just doing some research on the Weirauch HW60J and have read your posts and replies. Did you buy, if so what do you think? Also where did you make the purchase and how much?

Regards,

JALAN