clay cartidges

fergie

Hi I have been useing gamebore clear pigeon 6's in 32g and country ways (kent) own cartidges in 5's 32g. I have use both for rabbits and only used the 5's for phesants

I'm hoping to do some pigeon shooting and was wondering if there was wondering what cartidge i could use.

I have read on here that a few people are useing clay cartridges Iwould like to know if this because there cheaper are they cheaper and are the suitible to shoot pigeons and only pigeons or could you shoot rabbits and other game with them

hope that makes sense not very good at putting what i want to say into words (on paper)

Hi I have been useing gamebore clear pigeon 6's in 32g and country ways (kent) own cartidges in 5's 32g. I have use both for rabbits and only used the 5's for phesants

I'm hoping to do some pigeon shooting and was wondering if there was wondering what cartidge i could use.

I have read on here that a few people are useing clay cartridges Iwould like to know if this because there cheaper are they cheaper and are the suitible to shoot pigeons and only pigeons or could you shoot rabbits and other game with them

hope that makes sense not very good at putting what i want to say into words (on paper)

you can use clay shells quite a few do on pigeon watch for them reasons they are a little cheaper to buy but my opinion is stick with what your useing;or just step the load down to 30g 6s.. found that load very good on woodies i wouldn;t use clay shells on game especially pheasants

also i find on the longer birds 7 1/2s don;t have the same knock down power that 6 shot has but each to their own :yes::sick:

Clear pigeon are one of the best all-round cartridges I've used,and many of my shooting mates agree.We use them on everything more or less.They're perfect for bolting bunnies;stops them dead,literally.

I know people who use clay loads for game,with great effect,but I wouldn't recommend them for rabbits.

Guest cookoff013

stick with them,

for rabbits i`ve used 36g #4s with great success. i infact enjoyed using them. ???

for birds i`d recomend a maximum of 5, and decoyed birds the classic 6.

just keep the range sensible, and #6 is all thats needed. (range is the most important bit.)