.22 Hornet

oliver077

Hi all,

Just had my 1st firearms license granted for a .22hornet and .22rimfire.

I just need a little advice on buying a hornet, because i heard so much about them.

About the twist either 1-16 or 1-14,

The diameter of the bullets some are .223" or .224", I won't be homeloading so does anyone know the price of hornet bullets, and which ones it suits better.

Also which makes are better, and are any still in production.

Thanks

Oliver

The CZ527 is a great rifle. They out shoot many of the more expensive rifles. Just Google it, there are loads of people out there who say they had trouble getting a Hornet to shoot well until they bought a CZ. For some reason they're just good in that calibre - some would say the best!

Give the home loading thing some thought too. It's well worth it and you can make ammo for a fraction of the cost of factory. Factory .22H ammo is a con!

Only the really old guns use .223 projectiles.

As far as i know, anything made in the last 15 years is .224.

Winchester is making a very impressive looking 35grain b/t factory round. I've not seen groups with them, but its basically the round that we homeload for our hornet with excellent results.

One of the main things that causes accuracy issues on the hornet is run out as the brass is so thin, some factory ammo is awful for this, some is superb.