Bsa ultra

duncan

after years of shooting shotguns i am thinking of getting an air rifle ,do these Bsa Ultra`s come with right hand and left hand options or are they ambidextrous, please excuse my ignorance but your advise would be helpful

cheers

Dunc

I'm trying to remember, looking at one of my old ones I stripped, I think they are left or right handed. Not 100% though mate.

It does look that way by the photo.

post-19934-1285601750.jpg

As good as ambidextrous mate...the pellet probe release is on the right, but i'm a hardcore lefty and it makes no difference. A nice easy gun for the higher powers that are left handers :good:

The pellet will drop in from either side and you just 'thumb' the probe forward.

Push in the cocking kn0b under the air supply and your ready to fire.

bbbsa%20ultra%202.jpg

Edited by Peoown

thats what i needed know, i have just phoned my gun dealer and ordered one with a nikko sterling gamemaster 4-16x44 scope ,lets hope i get on alright with it , thanks for your help lads .Cheers Peoown

Dunc

i would change the moderator when you get it cos the 1 that comes with it is known as the paper wieght

No probs Dunc....

The standard BSA silencer isn't the best but it completes the look of the gun, almost everyone replaces it with a Logon or Weihrauch for significant sound reduction. I havn't bothered as the compact size of the rifle lets me swing it round in the car for drive by rabbit shooting. Plus, there isnt a rabbit in the world that can get out of the way after its heard the gun fire. In my opinion the report is quite acceptable.

I find RWS superdomes shoot straight in mine and once zeroed you'll murder anything within 30 yards.

cheers Dirtdigger ,all info welcome. This is my first air rifle ,my 2 shooting buddies convinced me to get one as we have a country park , cricket club and a couple of schools that want the rabbits cleared plus an old grain store ,that is polluted with rats

Edited by duncan

i`ll look into that Hodge, thanks

dunc

ive had mine for 3 years and it well out performs its price tag ,ive taken 60 rabbits out of a orchard that is half the size of a football pitch in the last 3 months ,put a bipod on and you can get half inch groups at 40 yards ,the mags can skip but if you bag 1 with all of the 10 shots youll have a bad back carrying it all

• 2 weeks later...