Air Arms S410 FAC

steve_b_wales

I've just picked up the above rifle, and was disappointed to find that the barrel is not threaded for a moderator. Is there a push on adaptor that I can fit to the barrel to allow a mod' to be used, or would I have to have it threaded instead.

Thanks

Steve.

Not sure, but I bet there is, I'd be inclined to get it screw cut anyway.

Thanks to you both for the advice. I've just come off the phone to Blackpool Air Rifles, who actually sell a slip on adaptor for around £18.00. The proprietor informed me that he has sold many 100's with only one or two 'complaints'.

I know that threading the barrel would be the best option, but it's too much fuss and bother for me to get it done at the moment.

Steve. :yes:

You can try mine on for size if you like Steve, assuming the external diameters are the same.

Thanks Alan. I've just gone and ordered one from Best Fittings, as they seem to be a good company to deal with.

I hope it comes back soon. I appreciate the offer though, and you can 'have a go' when we try for some rabbit's. :yes:

Steve.

Well, I've had a bit of a run around. I ordered a 10mm slip on adaptor from Best Fittings, on Wed' afternoon, and I received it back yesterday morning. So, good customer service from them!

But, I ordered the wrong one, because, as I have a shrouded barrel, and its 16mm diameter, the adaptor was too small. I contacted 'BF' yesterday, and the proprietor (Richard) returned my call this morning.

He said that he had a 16mm slip on adaptor, made for a different air rifle, and it also had the 1/2 x 20UNF fitting on the end, which means I can now fit my surplus SAK mod.

He's already posted it out to me this afternoon, and, when I asked him about the one I already have, he said,'just post it back when you have chance'.

What a brilliant firm. I will certainly recommend them.

Steve.