Tungsten Matrix been given a box

I have just been given a box of Gamebore Impact 32 gram ITM 5s.

Just wondered how good Impact Tungsten Matrix is for ducks etc.

I also looked on Just Cartridges website and these appear to be £33 a box :D Have I got that right, cos if I have I wont be wasting them.

Any thoughts :yes:

used 1 oz tm in 1999 cost 15 pound got r l with first 2 shots good range

I just opened up a cartridge out of curiosity and was surprised to find that the shot are not at all round, more elongated than a true sphere and with a ridge around the middle.

I assume they fly straight and pattern well regardless at over £1 each :lol:

There you go........funny old stuff, but certainly does the job :good:

http://www.gamebore.com/page.php?id1=2&id2=8

My experience with T Matrix goes back about 5 years when I found it affordable for a short while.

IMO it is very good - long range and an equally hard hitting alternative to lead. The cartridges actually helped my shooting, as, if you were on target they really brought the birds down. I have found steel very poor by comparison, principally a much shorter lethal range and would never again touch bismuth which seemed to me to 'bounce off' and wound more birds than ever I had before.

Lead was consistently reliable for clean kills at reasonable ranges.

Steel, a shot size up and 5-10 yards closer, never more than 40 yds at standard loads.

I still have that feeling that I cant rely on steel but its better than bismuth by a long way IMO. So, I keep ranges closer and have reduced my duck shooting as I'm not easy with the stuff we can use now.

Tungsten Matrix is a different matter, but SOOOOOOO expensive.

I, like many others I think, had hoped that it would become cheaper as more was produced but there is now a huge market for steel because of its comparative cheapness and TM will probably never be truly 'affordable'.

For the occassional goose we see inland heavi-shot or TM is worth every penny for a clean kill. Shame no-one imports heavi-shot cartridges in large quantities as it's a lot cheaper I believe in the US. Maybe the margins on home produced steel are better.