Wax leggings / chaps

racingfrank7

I bought a pair of waterproof gortex trousers for beating this season and already after two shoot days they have split my old dear is on with the repair job. next pair i get will be leggings

you want 3/4 length ones, they keep you dry but you don't sweat as much underneath and they also give you more movement

They were deloped for beaters so I am told, mrs D wears them, I don't

I wear deerhunter trousers as I can't stand waxed cotton, I rarely go in brambles and have money to burn :good:

we've got beaters like you as well :P too worried about their clothes and le chameaus to get the birds out of brambles, usually seen acting as flankers down the sides of woods and leaving the hard work to the rest of us :yes:

People who keep their heads down, never volunteer for anything too much like hard work, or a long walk.

As I only go for the fresh air and excersize that isn't me, people like that don't get invited back, and as there are more beaters than there are spaces on the wagon - once you are gone you are gone.

People who keep their heads down, never volunteer for anything too much like hard work, or a long walk.

As I only go for the fresh air and excersize that isn't me, people like that don't get invited back, and as there are more beaters than there are spaces on the wagon - once you are gone you are gone.

still sounds like you walk round the brambles :good:

any cheap waxed ones will do, not worth spending much as you'll wreck any of them in a few seasons if you have many brambles about. My last £15 on ebay pair are still going well 3 years on

Thats exactly my advice, mine cost me £14 on ebay and are going into year 3.

Cheers

Aled

Having tried barbour, I decided, as I got stiffer, I needed the type of 3/4 leggings which open flat and are fastened with press studs.

I bought a pair of 'Gilpins' and they have been fantastic for beating and shooting.

Clean easily and at the end of the day you take the belt straps off and pull sharply forward and they simply pull off - no need to take off shoes and struggle with 'the tubes'.

Cost a bit (£40) but the barbour ones lasted 2 seasons - I've had the gilpins for 5/6 years and they look almost new.