A few Tree Rats..

Norrie

Tree Rats shot this afternoon with the Rapids...top one is Davy Holts...(he got called away), bottom two are mine...:good:

Shot in the Beech Wood on one of our permissions...where we had a couple yesterday too...:good:

Now frozen for Ferret food....:good:

I'm still a bit anxious about trying them myself.... :hmm: Are they any good as food???

Image010.jpg

Hiya, You wont believe it BB, only pics I have of it, are with a dangerous "Quickfill" fitted, and a cheapy scope .....after good advice from here, the quickfill was chucked out, the scope given away...:good:.... a new bottle bought...and the scope off my HW90 fitted...

It's an old MK 1 ( FAC )with an Optima Moonlighter 3x9x45 Scope ( which I love) with a Ripley mod, firing at 26lbs...oh, and a cheap Chinese bipod....I bought it off the forums, and love it to bits...:hmm: almost as much as my CZ Rimmy...:good:

BUT, you have made me think, I need new pics of the gun...so, tomorrow...honest...:good:

My mate Davy's, now, that's different...thumb hole stock, Mk2 I think, AWT mod, and firing at 30lbs...:huh: No pics of that tho, mibbes next weekend...:no:

Edited by Norrie

I haven't actually eaten squirrel for a good number of years. Tried it once or twice back in my early teens. What i can remember

about it was quite tasty. I would eat a lot more, but their to fiddly IMHO to prep. And uless you get a couple, not worth doing at all.

So when i shoot them now, i just put them out as crow bait, had mixed results with them. They don't seem to pull the crows

in like a rabbit with its gutts out. Cant wait for the leaves to totally come off the trees up in the woods i got on my permissions.

I can start using my Mrk 2 rapid then.

Ps

Good shooting by the way :blink: :lol: :lol:

Hi Guys...Hmmmm, I'm still wanting to try Squirrel and think I might do it now. :innocent: I was once a fairly reasonable chef, and have eaten some weird things in my time... :angry: ..so, squirrels shouldnt be a problem..not now anyway.. :lol:

Can anyone tell me , what do I need to do to prepare them after shooting, do I run the P out them etc..:good:? and, how are they best cooked...I used to chuck small rabbits in the chip pan...Lovely stuff....:good: