WARNING deer poachers strike

mmmm as usual I wonder how many on here really have much of an idea of the subject. It's always my uncles, step brothers, second cousin saw this that and the bottom of an empty bottle of moonshine!

We have large numbers of deer all over the eastern counties and apart from the odd (substantiated tale) very little poaching that you'd know about. Don't forget trespass with a firearm is a CRIMINAL offence!

mmmm as usual I wonder how many on here really have much of an idea of the subject. It's always my uncles, step brothers, second cousin saw this that and the bottom of an empty bottle of moonshine!

We have large numbers of deer all over the eastern counties and apart from the odd (substantiated tale) very little poaching that you'd know about. Don't forget trespass with a firearm is a CRIMINAL offence!

Exactly.

People moan more about these isolated instances rather the damage an authorised person can do to a deer population deemed as damaging crops.

Sounds much more exciting.

• 3 weeks later...

just a recent update the landrover crew were caught throu a missing mud flap match and heavey dogs bull x they got community service and a fine £160 - £280 .the killing part was the info that hung them came from a dog raceing meet in shropshire ? and turned out the poachers were practcaly liveing next to the land in hampshire. the cop bashers are still at large . another vehicle to watch for in hampshire is a dark coloured subaru legarcy greywell preston candover area taken quad bike trailers slashing local bobbys car tyres before doing there dirty deed .

Being a person who shoots deer legally, all I can see from this post is that people are concerned about their own sport and fed up that other people are taking it.

Poaching has always gone on, the difference between hunting and poaching is who owns the land and how much people are willing to pay.

There is more to it than the above. Poachers who kill on a large scale are out for profit, irresepctive of respect for game and humane killing. Hunters are out for sport and part of the sporting ethic is respect for game, and, importantly, respect for and for the rights of fellow hunters.

In addition to the horror felt at mass murderers who go on a shooting spree with their fully licenced rifles and guns, and the sympathy for the relatives of victims, I feel utter contempt for their disregard of the impact their actions have on fellow shooters. They must know that as they take aim, the rights of legal shooters are going to get hit as well.

I feel the same about poachers, because they just don't give a **** about the game, you and me.

• 2 weeks later...