Stock stripping

gixer1

I recently got hold of a kestrel 10g sxs and am looking at stripping the gloss varnish finish from it and oiling it, I was going to sand the most of it but wondered about the chequering? How do I get rid of the varnish and once all removed do I just rub it over with linseed oil? And keep rubbing it in over and over till the required shade is reached? Don't want a gloss finish again so will this be enough? It is a very light almost pine colour at the moment!

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

I recently got hold of a kestrel 10g sxs and am looking at stripping the gloss varnish finish from it and oiling it, I was going to sand the most of it but wondered about the chequering? How do I get rid of the varnish and once all removed do I just rub it over with linseed oil? And keep rubbing it in over and over till the required shade is reached? Don't want a gloss finish again so will this be enough? It is a very light almost pine colour at the moment!

Regards,

Gixer

See my thread here for lots of info.

Did this some time ago. Now working on a Baikal soon to be seen on here as well......