.243 empty brass wanted

I have some if you want it.

I have about 140 cases and they are

Hornady

Privvy

Federal

Winchester

Norma.

When I bought my rifle I tried factory ammo first before deciding to go down the reloading route

I have reloaded the norma cases twice but the others have not been touched since firing.

What are they worth to you ?

Edited by robbobsam

If you do get some make sure you full length re size them as otherwise you may well find they are too big for your chamber. Personally I wouldn't bother and just bite the bullet and buy a couple of boxes of factory and then they will be fire formed to your gun

I know I am cutting my own throat , but I am inclined to agree with al4x, bite the bullet and buy 100 lapua or norma cases.

If you want these though let me know what they are worth to you and I will post em.

Let me know.

I can re-size before I send em if you want.

Edited by robbobsam

dont waste your money buying a these not because they are from a numpty but because you will be better off buying a batch of the same make eg Lapua, Norma, Remington etc.

if you have a couple of a few different makes you wont have any accuracy or consistency in your loads

if you buy new and take care in your brass prep and reloading they will last you o lot of reloads and save you money in the long run.

i got my lapua 243 from Trent Firearms, cheaper than anywhere else i could find at the time

hth Richard

dont waste your money buying a these not because they are from a numpty but because you will be better off buying a batch of the same make eg Lapua, Norma, Remington etc.

if you have a couple of a few different makes you wont have any accuracy or consistency in your loads

if you buy new and take care in your brass prep and reloading they will last you o lot of reloads and save you money in the long run.

i got my lapua 243 from Trent Firearms, cheaper than anywhere else i could find at the time

hth Richard

I agree Rich, If I was him I would buy new lapua.

But christmas is coming and lapua cases are around £90 for 100.

Lapua Cases in .243.

A lot of cash to find near christmas, also if he is shooting up to 100yds then these will do fine. The different cases wont make much difference up to 100yds.

i paid about £70 for my 100 from Trent Firearms

good choice m8.

do you not know anyone near you who reloads and could show you the ropes, there are plenty of people out there willing to help out other shooters.

Buy a reloading manual also, there are some good videos on youtube also

just an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5peM3mZA4bE

Edited by snowz

i paid about £70 for my 100 from Trent Firearms

good choice m8.

do you not know anyone near you who reloads and could show you the ropes, there are plenty of people out there willing to help out other shooters.

Buy a reloading manual also, there are some good videos on youtube also

just an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5peM3mZA4bE

If you go YouTube put a search in for ammosmith.

He is a real expert in the reloading field.

He has a shed load of videos and its in plain speak.

i think i,ll take youre advice and buy some new brass,, just need a good book /dvd instruction manual

shaun

The norma brass is pretty good if you are just starting out then just buy a few boxes of loaded factory ammo which does usually shoot pretty well for factory ammo. Then keep them all and you have a batch of fireformed cases you can reload :good:

p.s snowz that video must be rubbish he is using lee gear :lol:

Edited by al4x

If your just starting off you could always buy a few box's of prvi partisan ammo, use the ammo and keep the cases. There is quite alot to learn when you start and its always feels better if you kill some cheap cases rather than expensive ones. If your using the ammunition for hunting these cases will give you some good results. I have some prvi in 243 that have been neck sized 7 times and fully resized once and the brass is still good, think I've only chucked 3 out of 40 due to dinks. This brass with the right load still produces consistant half inch groups if I do my bit. A properly prepared and resized prvi case with the correct load is better than a poorly prep'd and loaded one in an expensive case.

There is alot of talk on this forum about the accuracy of reloaded ammunition but dropping shots into tiny circles is also about skill, gun barrel, stock bedding,triggers etc etc etc. Don't believe all you read, there was some numpty on here blaming fliers from reloads on the heads, nothing to do with the fact that he may not be preping the cases consistantly or measuring his powder properly. :hmm: