Landrover starting prob

darren m

land rover prob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right -- my mrs went to start her 300tdi disco yesterday morning and the thing was dead.

it unlocked , all dash lights worked , but it would not immobalise just dead .

anyway locked it with remote button and unlocked it and the alarm starts going off , it seems like it thinks its being broken into.

the RAC came out but could not fix it , but did get it going by fiddling with the key in the door lock turning it several times in a certain special way ( so he told my wife , i was out beating all day so dont know the full story ) to recode it in some way i think .

Anyway he left but said not to lock it with either the fob or the key or it would immobalise again , but did not say whats was actually wrong with it .

any one here know what the problem is ???

thanks

land rover prob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right -- my mrs went to start her 300tdi disco yesterday morning and the thing was dead.

it unlocked , all dash lights worked , but it would not immobalise just dead .

anyway locked it with remote button and unlocked it and the alarm starts going off , it seems like it thinks its being broken into.

the RAC came out but could not fix it , but did get it going by fiddling with the key in the door lock turning it several times in a certain special way ( so he told my wife , i was out beating all day so dont know the full story ) to recode it in some way i think .

Anyway he left but said not to lock it with either the fob or the key or it would immobalise again , but did not say whats was actually wrong with it .

any one here know what the problem is ???

thanks

Excactly the same thing has happened to mine.

No power to the starter motor, either a relay or an immobiliser problem.

I had to hot wire it to get it started and drove it to my mechanic mate.

He is looking at it this week, I will let you know the outcome.

still not sure whats up with it , phone the local garage we always use and he aint got a clue , says i need landrover :oops:

the thing is the car starts ok , but can not be locked at all , if it is locked then unlocked via the key or key fob , the engine just goes into a immobilised state and nothing works :hmm:

then we have to call the RAC man again to fiddle with the key in the lock :blush:

this prob must be more common than just mine :rolleyes:

still not sure whats up with it , phone the local garage we always use and he aint got a clue , says i need landrover :oops:

the thing is the car starts ok , but can not be locked at all , if it is locked then unlocked via the key or key fob , the engine just goes into a immobilised state and nothing works :hmm:

then we have to call the RAC man again to fiddle with the key in the lock :blush:

this prob must be more common than just mine :rolleyes:

have not got mine back yet from my mate, but he says he is putting a new relay in to overide the problem??

Guest rimotu66

Did you get it sorted? Mines a 96 which has a problem with the imobiliser 'spider' it has dry solders apparently, the cure is either a new spider at silly money or a bypass the same as the one I have just bought off that auction site

( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DISCOVERY-300-TDI-V8-SPIDER-BYPASS-IMMOBILISER-FAULT-/270674436892?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0574231c ) Mods Please delete if I have broken the rules.

This bypass is a genuine LR part so they obviously know of the problem.

Let us know how you get on mate. :good:

Excactly the same thing has happened to mine.

No power to the starter motor, either a relay or an immobiliser problem.

I had to hot wire it to get it started and drove it to my mechanic mate.

He is looking at it this week, I will let you know the outcome.

did you get the prob sorted mate ?? .

i,ve still not got round to sorting mine out , i just have to leave it unlocked all the time now :/

tried the EKA code which got it running but still got the lock/unlock and immobiliser prob .

anyone got any more tips

Yeah problem all sorted. Something to do with the immobiliser, maybe what rimotu66 says in the post above yours as my mate said he put a relay in to bypass the problem.

My key does not have a battery in it I just lock it manually and its fine now. (touch wood) :good:

nice one -- can you find out for us which or where the relay was and price .

thanks

Guest rimotu66

Darren, ive just fitted the bypass mod thing that I bought as mine did its none starting trick again tonight, not a hard job, radio out, unplug imobiliser and plug in bypass. Hopefully this will cure it. I will update on here if it does it again.

Not sure what Paddywack means by a relay but if you fit the bypass you can still use the keyfob and the alarm still works, just not the immobiliser.

Edited by rimotu66