Advice x-trail 2.2 (112)

ANDYMCkay

Hi Guys im looking for abit of advice i am thinking of buying a nissan xtrail 2.2 (112bhp)sport x and would like any advice on these.It will be used it as a everyday car and towing my boat (16ft) and some off road(nothing crazy.)I have never had a 4x4 before and would like any help.

Hi Guys im looking for abit of advice i am thinking of buying a nissan xtrail 2.2 (112bhp)sport x and would like any advice on these.It will be used it as a everyday car and towing my boat (16ft) and some off road(nothing crazy.)I have never had a 4x4 before and would like any help.

You wont go wrong with one of these, superb all round. reliability issues are not a problem, they are economical, flexible and easy to drive. the 2.2 power plant is tough and refined.

We have several on our car fleet and they are very popular many have extended leases over the 3 year period because the drivers like them so much

Keep it secret though because the countryside fraternity havent caught on yet to just how good they are and are still looking for the crappy old land rovers. :yes:

An import would be worth considering also as Andy suggests however be careful as many Low Mileage Japanese imports have been exported from Japan in recent years because they do not pass the Countries rigorous emissions standards, and some have been clocked by unscrupulous dealers. Examine the documentation carefully and use a recognised importer.

I had one of those, you wont be dissapointed

It does a few more mpg than the 136bhp ones do....

yours should have the 16" wheels on, get the at2 tyres and thats you set.....no difference in road noise and will be a far better off road, just get to know your and the xtrail's limits...

I loved mine.....the tax and fuel killed me off in the end, i needed more mpg.

shaun

Ive got 57 plate columbia and cant fault it. been pigeon shooting and clay grounds. mud, snow hasnt let me down yet, only problem ive had is the passenger fan has gone and rattles which I need to have done

need some new tyres looking for All terrain so will check out the at2s for price

Ive got 57 plate columbia and cant fault it. been pigeon shooting and clay grounds. mud, snow hasnt let me down yet, only problem ive had is the passenger fan has gone and rattles which I need to have done

need some new tyres looking for All terrain so will check out the at2s for price

Strange that.......my 07 Aventura passenger fan rattled as well.... :hmm:

If yours has the 17" rims you wont get AT tyres for it :no: ......they dont do them 215/60/17 which would be the size yours is

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

same as me as we are looking to change the GV we have for ones of these :good:

I had the Aventura one for 2 years. Used mainly by the wife but by the whole family on the weekend. She loved it and would have kept it for years. I wasnt so keen. Dont get me wrong we had absolutely no bother with it in 2 years. Running cost were comparible to a normal family car. What let it down for us was the ammount of room inside. The back seats had very little leg room and it ended up with us having to almost fold the kids in half to get them in. Also felt a bit plasticy after the shogun i traded in for it. Just lean on one of the wings on a hot day to see what i mean !!

I was told that some of the 2.2 diesels have a habit of chewing up turbos and destroying engines. After speaking to a Nissan mechanic he told me it was down to not having them serviced regularly, so go for one that has been looked after or you may regret it. Also as someone else mentioned to replace the tyres on the 17in wheels you are looking at £150 a corner.

Hope this helps

I had the Aventura one for 2 years. Used mainly by the wife but by the whole family on the weekend. She loved it and would have kept it for years. I wasnt so keen. Dont get me wrong we had absolutely no bother with it in 2 years. Running cost were comparible to a normal family car. What let it down for us was the ammount of room inside. The back seats had very little leg room and it ended up with us having to almost fold the kids in half to get them in. Also felt a bit plasticy after the shogun i traded in for it. Just lean on one of the wings on a hot day to see what i mean !!

I was told that some of the 2.2 diesels have a habit of chewing up turbos and destroying engines. After speaking to a Nissan mechanic he told me it was down to not having them serviced regularly, so go for one that has been looked after or you may regret it. Also as someone else mentioned to replace the tyres on the 17in wheels you are looking at £150 a corner.

Hope this helps

Thats the second time i have heard they have no room, :hmm: i found the opposite...even with 5 adults nobody was crushed.....

It was the tax and round town mpg that made me change mine,

Tax was £245 this year and due to go up again next.

my first was the 112bhp, round town it would do just under 40 with easy mid 40's on a run

my second was a 136bhp aventurer, round town it would struggle to do 30 and got just under 40 on a run (60-65mph)

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

Strange that.......my 07 Aventura passenger fan rattled as well.... :hmm:

If yours has the 17" rims you wont get AT tyres for it :no: ......they dont do them 215/60/17 which would be the size yours is

shaun

My local garage cant seem to fix the blower, will have to go back to nissan! ouch!

My glove compartment door has just fallen off as well?

Yep my tyres are those ones, can I not get any all terrain tyres then? Whats the next best thing

My local garage cant seem to fix the blower, will have to go back to nissan! ouch!

My glove compartment door has just fallen off as well?

Yep my tyres are those ones, can I not get any all terrain tyres then? Whats the next best thing

Nope you cant get them, you may be able to swap around sizes but i dont know,

you are basically stuck with these

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m56b0s3841p0

For this weather as ive said before, try getting some early xtrail alloys (16") and the world is your oyster

you would then be looking at 215/65/16

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m64b0s260p0

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

Nope you cant get them, you may be able to swap around sizes but i dont know,

you are basically stuck with these

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m56b0s3841p0

For this weather as ive said before, try getting some early xtrail alloys (16") and the world is your oyster

you would then be looking at 215/65/16

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m64b0s260p0

shaun

Thanks Shaun

Ive just joined the xtrail forum to see if i can get this fan problem sorted, looks like its not uncommon?