Seal Skinz Socks and gloves

HDAV

I good friend of mine who is a green keeper so outside in all weathers swears by Seal Skinz waterproof socks, So thinking of xmas gifts this year i decided to buy my cousin some seal skinz gloves and socks as he works outside with horses and it isn't fun at the moment carrying water over snow covered fields as the pipes are frozen and his Quad was stolen.... Any one else use them? apparently they are awesomely warm and dry but if its not COLD your feet can over heat.

Details here: http://www.sealskinz.com/ they do some specific shooting bits

Have been using the Mid Light socks when mountain biking for a number of years now, probably had half a dozen pairs both long and short. I’d describe them as more showerproof rather than waterproof. Meaning they keep you dry for a while from splashing puddles and rain but can’t stand up to full immersion. Best used in combination with winter boots and or overshoes. But better than nothing.

Be careful as they tend to deteriate rather quickly as they are very susceptible to washing and drying, do not dry near a heat source (radiator) as the membrane becomes brittle. Also the top elastics seal tends to go rather quickly and lets water down inside.

As for warmth they are not too bad - essentially two pairs of socks - but if you do suffer from cold feet there are better solutions.

Yep agree they are defo worth the money , i use them at work when its wet and they keep me dry (milkman u wouldn't believe the places we deliver ) mind in this snow i wore them and my feet were still a tad cold so as above if u suffer from cold feet something else maybe

• 4 weeks later...

Well for anyone who'is interested the gloves are great, warm and dry even when submerged to the wrist, the socks i bought myself (liner) socks are also great got them from Penrith Survival great service and decent delivery considering the weather before Xmas. If your ordering a few items they seem cheaper than most on the web. http://www.penrithsurvival.com/penrith_survival/default/kw/sealskinz+gloves+socks/mt/e