newbe long shot

s200pro

hi there new to this forum but had air rifles of and on for 18 years. Got a new rifle a bit back now a air arms s200 and im left with the same problem of having nowhere to shoot and i dont want to get rid of my gun again like all the others ive had.So heres the long shot does anyone know of anwhere to shoot near blackburn or surrounding area :) would be much very greatfull.

Looks for areas that have lots of rabbits/rats/pigeons that aren't being properly controlled. Look smart, leave your name and number and go back or call a week later, it shows you are willing and sometimes you'll get lucky as most peoples instinct is to say no straight away - I have never been given permission on my first attempt. If and when you get a permission don't let them down or you'll loose it.

Good luck.

i have asked round loads of places round this end and rossendale area but all been taken or they do it them selfs so thought id give this a go

I don't understand why people buy air rifles if they don't have any permission to use them. The permission should come first otherwise you have wasted your money.

hi there new to this forum but had air rifles of and on for 18 years. Got a new rifle a bit back now a air arms s200 and im left with the same problem of having nowhere to shoot and i dont want to get rid of my gun again like all the others ive had.So heres the long shot does anyone know of anwhere to shoot near blackburn or surrounding area :) would be much very greatfull.

Hi pal is that Midlothian? If so I could offer you a shoot on my permission.Jim.(Night Owl).

Getting somewhere to shoot (vermin) is seldom straightforward.

Nevertheless, hard work, perseverance, patience and lots of knock backs usually works in the end.

Get the first, look after them and more will follow.

I always found in the early days the harder I tried the luckier I got.

It's what I do now, and I have more work than I can handle, the phone rings a lot but I still don't sit on my ****, my eyes are always open as I drive around!

ATB!

Edited by Dekers

Yes, but he's already stated that he isn't interested in target shooting, just live quarry. Do try and keep up :rolleyes:

I might not seem it, but I'm always keeping up :P

I was considering my own experience; I just wanted 'live' shooting, but I learned sooooo much more when I joined a club for a while! :yp:

In fact, learning tips from my FT days has certainly helped me put a lot more bunnies and Woodes in the bag then I could have without some kind of club exposure :yes:

sorry should of said shooting pest more than targets but cheers all the same :good:

dont knock target shooting i took my son to a local shooting club as he wanted to target shoot on arriving at the car park we saw it was over run with rabbits and as we went in we looked down the outside range which was closed at the time only to see 20 - 30 rabbits sat on the grass.

while my son was shooting i mentioned the rabbits and asked dose anyone shoot them they replied with no do you want to nobody here is bother as they are mostly target shooters,

i didnt take them up as i have more than enough to go at on my permissions but it goes to show an opportunity can pop up at the strangest of places

colin

dont knock target shooting i took my son to a local shooting club as he wanted to target shoot on arriving at the car park we saw it was over run with rabbits and as we went in we looked down the outside range which was closed at the time only to see 20 - 30 rabbits sat on the grass.

while my son was shooting i mentioned the rabbits and asked dose anyone shoot them they replied with no do you want to nobody here is bother as they are mostly target shooters,

i didnt take them up as i have more than enough to go at on my permissions but it goes to show an opportunity can pop up at the strangest of places

colin

Yes, you are right. Some target shooting clubs are the strangest of places :yp:

Yes, you are right. Some target shooting clubs are the strangest of places :yp:

Too true - Cromer club is based at a quarry mixed with woods - 55 yard targets 30 yards down a quarry slope some weeks! Nick must have been like a mountain goate to set them up sometimes :yes:

Best club I've shot at though.

Milton Keynes (MKARC) is a godawful wind-blown field next to the M1. Tried it a couple of times but too hoorid for me to join after the charms of Cromer. :rolleyes: