Move cabinet or not!!

andy_s

in the next couple of months i'll be moving out of my parents house and in with a couple of mates. my question now is do i have to take my cabinet and guns with me or can it legaly stay at my parents house as my mate doesn't really want guns kept in his house. neither of my parent have sgc but if they don't have access to the keys i can't see the problem with it staying put. i know i'll probably need my answer confirming by my flo but wanted to hear your opinions first.

thanks....andy.

If you're put well out of your way by needing to get to your parents house for access and possibly coming back late etc. then move your guns. If your sharing a house then you have as much right to have your guns in the house as your friend does to have kitchen knives in the draw. Don't stand for the 'guns are dangerous' argument i'm sure you can counter it. If you plan to live long term at this nes adress take your guns with you.

I belive if you are changing your adress on the electoral register then you need to inform plod but don't take my word for it.

leaving them at my parents house is no hassle at all, it's only half a mile away and turning up at anytime wont be an issue as i'll still have a key. my real concern was really is it legal to live at one address but have my guns kept at another seeing as no-one in my parents house will have a sgc. i'd rather not move them if i don't have to.

If you're put well out of your way by needing to get to your parents house for access and possibly coming back late etc. then move your guns. If your sharing a house then you have as much right to have your guns in the house as your friend does to have kitchen knives in the draw. Don't stand for the 'guns are dangerous' argument i'm sure you can counter it. If you plan to live long term at this nes adress take your guns with you.

I belive if you are changing your adress on the electoral register then you need to inform plod but don't take my word for it.

he said it was his freinds house, his house his rules.

if i was you i would try and keep them at your parents house.

leaving them at my parents house is no hassle at all, it's only half a mile away and turning up at anytime wont be an issue as i'll still have a key. my real concern was really is it legal to live at one address but have my guns kept at another seeing as no-one in my parents house will have a sgc. i'd rather not move them if i don't have to.

They don't have any more access to the cabinet than when you were living there do they, they may actually have less, as you will have the keys and obviously not leave them around the house! :hmm::hmm::hmm:

They don't need a SGC as they don't have access to them!

It's perfectly legal.

There may also be terms and conditions about drilling/fixings/guns at the new place!

It's perfectly legal.

Yep, perfectly legal.

Don't allow your parents access to the keys and never tell them where you keep them. You will have to get your address changed on your certificate, but apart from that you should have no problem at all.