tx 200 or prosport

ian w-b

As far as accuracy and build quality are concerned, there's really nothing between them. Best to try them out for yourself and see which looks/feels better. The prosport is lighter at the front and would be my choice in .22. I'd probably go for a TX200 if I was buying a .177 though.

HTH :)

They are both good guns. For target shooting the TX200 rules the roost as far as springers are concerned. However, for hunting the Prosport has advantages; it is not as front heavy and the underlever does not foul any sling fitted. For that reason alone I would recommend the Prosport if you intend carrying it around.

Whichever you get consider spending another £80 on a V-Mach kit. It really does make thse guns even better and they can be fitted in around fifteen minutes using tools most people own. That said, I spent a further 20 minutes or so polishing the inside of the receiver using a drill, screwdriver, wire wool, cloth and Autosol metal polish just to make it that bit smoother.

Cant comment on the pro sport as iv nevr own or shot one. But i had a Tx200 when they first came out and it was

a cracking gun. Gutted i sold it in a way. But i have heard that the Pro sport is hard to beat. A friend or 2 has had

one and said their well worth the money. Try out the HW 77 or 97 too. Another good set of well powered an accurate

underlevers. But all will serve your purpose well. Oh an welcome to the shooting world. And i hope you'll enjoy it

as much as we do.

Hope you find what your looking for

All best

DD

hi all i am new to air shooting so i am calling on all you pros....whitch one do i get tx 200 or prosport?????

thanks ian :look:

Hi Ian , I have owned both a pro sport an a tx 200 , an a hw 35 77 80, bsa lightning ,meteor ,airsporter. plus a few more ,

an the gun i have settled with is , a bsa super sport , cheap ,light an shoots so accurate its untrue , i have owned these guns

over 30 years ,so its not a cheap comment ,save your money get a super sport .

cheers nick

Hi Ian , I have owned both a pro sport an a tx 200 , an a hw 35 77 80, bsa lightning ,meteor ,airsporter. plus a few more ,

an the gun i have settled with is , a bsa super sport , cheap ,light an shoots so accurate its untrue , i have owned these guns

over 30 years ,so its not a cheap comment ,save your money get a super sport .

cheers nick

My mate has a bsa supersport and my HW35 is a better gun and he would agree. The supersport is light but the trigger on his is nothing against the legendary "Rekord" unit on my HW. At almost 4kg the HW is alot hevier which seems more like 10kg after lugging aound for a day. This is were the supersport has an advantage because it is alot lighter. I am not saying the bsa is a bad gun but choosing a supersport over a tx/prosport is like choosing a Ford ka over a ford GT.

You clearly know what your talking about with 30+ years shooting expirence. :good:

If you have the money to spend why not spend it? :hmm:

If you are set on the AA tx or pro-sport, can you have a go with both and see which one you get on with best?

'Lightness' is not necessarily a benefit in a recoiling rifle and it depends which suits you.

I've tried many guns over the years and realised that I just suit a heavier rifle (easier to keep steady on aim). All my rifles get a sling and swivels anyway as I hunt predominantly. You never see olympic shooters using feather weight rifles :hmm:

At least try shouldering both and feel which seems 'right' to you.

Best of luck

:yes:

Duncan

Edited by The Duncan

My mate has a bsa supersport and my HW35 is a better gun and he would agree. The supersport is light but the trigger on his is nothing against the legendary "Rekord" unit on my HW. At almost 4kg the HW is alot hevier which seems more like 10kg after lugging aound for a day. This is were the supersport has an advantage because it is alot lighter. I am not saying the bsa is a bad gun but choosing a supersport over a tx/prosport is like choosing a Ford ka over a ford GT.

You clearly know what your talking about with 30+ years shooting expirence. :good:

If you have the money to spend why not spend it? :hmm:

Hw 35 better than a super sport maybe , hw 35 weighs a bit more ,lacks a couple of ftlbs power ,but looks better , tx200 an pro sport are both heavy,

i supose it depends what youwant it for .? i use mine in the field lamping rats an rabbits , an pigeon shooting ,not trying to put you off ,but just telling

you what i know having owned both of these guns ,anyway back to the question tx 200 or pro sport , no contest . pro sport,

cheers nick

I carry my Prosport miles on a sling. I did the same with my previous rifles HW100 and a succession of HW77s. Weight doesn't matter on a sling in my opinion and I personally prefer a heavy rifle for most things. A lightweight rifle is better for tracking squirrels through branches, but in most situations I prefer a heavy rifle for more consistent accuracy.

I carry my Prosport miles on a sling. I did the same with my previous rifles HW100 and a succession of HW77s. Weight doesn't matter on a sling in my opinion and I personally prefer a heavy rifle for most things. A lightweight rifle is better for tracking squirrels through branches, but in most situations I prefer a heavy rifle for more consistent accuracy.

:stupid:

I couldn't agree more.

Duncan :ninja: