Help to identify a film please

harrycatcat1

I need help to identify an old film please its driving me nuts, its an old one and quite famous even though I cant think of its name.

Its an old black and white film set mainly on a railway station steam trains etc and also in the waiting room/cafe. Man and woman meet and get on well go to pictures together but both are married to other people I think (memory getting vague now)

I know its sad but its really bugging me, thanks for anyone taking the time to even think.

edited to say sorry for lack of info and them were not married to each other

Edited by harrycatcat1

I am old but happy to say I have never watched that film - or Wizard of Oz - or Gone with the wind - or any of those supposedly classics - Wooden acting - stilted dialogue. -- Give me Blakes 7 anyday :look:

Dave :oops::huh:

I'm a little confused as to how you know the acting is wooden and the dialogue stilted if you have never watched them :hmm: just saying.

Casablanca is one of my favourite old films. The bit that chokes me every time is when the Germans start singing in Rick's bar and the French get up and drown them out with the la Marseillaise and there's a shot of a woman belting it out with her right hand clenched over her heart. Sad I know :blush:

You're welcome Harry....am a bit of a film buff.They're all a bit corny and melodramatic now,but there's still a lot worth watching.

So am I....30'3 40's 50's is my favorite era.... favorite film is "Double Indemnity" with Barbera Stanwyck & Fred MacMurray closely followed by " Rebecca " with SLO and Joan Fontane

This Sci Fi Avatar "C**P" is OK for the Kids but its not real life or proper actors... :no:

Must have seen trailers for them on run up to Xmas etc. - Never seen casablanca either

Dave

Cassablanca...Wonderful Film...as was African Queen with Bogie... If you ever get the chance to watch Films like "Bad day at Black Rock" with Spencer Tracy as a One Armed ex Army Karate expert or the "Naked Spur" with James Stewart and Robert Ryan...do so you wont be dissapointed .... :yes: They just dont produce Actors or Films like that anymore.. :lol::lol:

Cassablanca...Wonderful Film...as was African Queen with Bogie... If you ever get the chance to watch Films like "Bad day at Black Rock" with Spencer Tracy as a One Armed ex Army Karate expert or the "Naked Spur" with James Stewart and Robert Ryan...do so you wont be dissapointed .... :yes: They just dont produce Actors or Films like that anymore.. :lol::lol:

And some other faves of mine you can still see over the holiday:

A Matter of Life and Death

Farewell my Lovley