Favourite loads

tomaddy525

was using kent velocity 30g 6s for along time, do the job very well on all fur and feather

recently been using some steel 32g 5s. picked them up dirt cheap, have killed plenty of pigeons with them so far and a few rooks

I use Eley 32gram HB Pigeon - now just called Pigeon - they are 6.5's and as for choke always for roost and decoying improved cylinder and quarter, seem to kill clean. At our woods the tree tops are maybe 20 metres but never have a problem out to 30 - 35 metres. Always fibre wad, the farms we shoot have a lot of livestock and it aint cool to use plastic -

I use eley VIP game 5's and 6's for phesant and fours for hares really like them recoil is fine and they are a clean cartridge. I did try the 'realtree 30gram eleys and they seemed to have more recoil than the 32grams?! Anyway I didn't like them

I shoot a lot, 3 or 4 times a week often more and if it's not Pigeon it's rooks , crow and jackdaws and these cartridges (32g Pigeons) stop em all - DEAD.

i am using eley real tree 30g 6 comes as a case of 200 at £36 really good all round cartridge

quite happy to shoot every thing with them at all ranges .i have a few mates who have tryed them and wont use anything else now

well worth alook if you can get them :good: :good: :good:

I use the same, great cartridge, and they come in a carry case! If I cant get these then its Eley HB Pigeon or Gamebore Clear pigeon, Good cheap cartridges.

Just recently I have started using some 30g pure gold cartridges, made by Gamebore. They pack a big punch and have a comfortable recoil. Can anybody put forward a cartridge that they have found good?

Eley Pigeon 32gm 6 1/2s fibre wad. 1/2 and 3/4 choke 30” barrels.

I do stick in sipe 32gm 5s f/wad in the ¾ choke for a distance pheasant.

I used to use sipe 28gm 6’s and the 32gm 6s but the price is the thing these days. I prefer a reasonably tight chokes, as if you are on the bird you will kill it. Using open chokes will leave you with less killing range on the days the birds drift by past the Patten giving you the finger……

Not wanting to start a debate on recoil, However you only get out what you put in!

TEH