is it to "strong"? (magnet)

Kikkan

hmm, im getting secon thougts about my magnet.

If you look close on theese pictures of my magnet, you can see that its abit different than a "normal" magnet. The "normal" magnet has some bendy poles witch the birds are mounted to, but if you look at mine, you see that mine has a "stiff pole" witch do not bend and wobble as some other magnets do.

My question is : will this have any effect on my decoying?

Is my magnet a old version or somthing even if i just got it from the shoop?

And another thing is if you look at my magnet, you can see that the "cup" witch you are mouting the dead bird/decoy are a nutt for me to figure out how to get the bird to stay put on the magnet and to keep the wings out so it looks like the bird is flying.

Any thoughs?

ohh, almost forgot.. the pictures....

Magnet picture 1

Magnet picture 2

hmm, im getting secon thougts about my magnet.

If you look close on theese pictures of my magnet, you can see that its abit different than a "normal" magnet. The "normal" magnet has some bendy poles witch the birds are mounted to, but if you look at mine, you see that mine has a "stiff pole" witch do not bend and wobble as some other magnets do.

My question is : will this have any effect on my decoying?

Is my magnet a old version or somthing even if i just got it from the shoop?

And another thing is if you look at my magnet, you can see that the "cup" witch you are mouting the dead bird/decoy are a nutt for me to figure out how to get the bird to stay put on the magnet and to keep the wings out so it looks like the bird is flying.

Any thoughs?

ohh, almost forgot.. the pictures....

Magnet picture 1

Magnet picture 2

you have to try it and see if it works any movement is a plus in my book good luck cheers kirky

Edited by kirky640

kirky is right, any movement is a good thing. :)

The arms being more flexible and allowing the decoys to bounce up and down, is not a major advantage in my opinion.

Its nice, but not essential and on very windy days, too much bounce can be disastrous.

Regarding the "cup" setup.

A friend of mine who made his own machine, secured the wing tips by an elastic band, which worked fine, but he felt took too much time to set up in the field (no patience ;) ).

Eventually he welded crocodile clips on, to hold the wings.

He also had a spike in the middle of the cup, which stuck up into the body of the pigeon.

This meant is was held on by the wings, the spike in the body and the spike in the neck/head.

I hope that all makes sense. :/

whats a 'normal' magnet, there's so many variations these days but they all seem to do the job. But like 'normal' pigeon shooting there's no guarantees, some days it works and some days it don't!

LB not much wind Saturday here was it the same in your area and do you think that's why it scared the birds?