Not the heaviest Vixen

pixie

Well done mate - do you favour the .17hmr 20gr round?

Don't bother they are poop on foxes, very small hole straight through them. They run well and ok die pretty fast but not ideal I used them on a couple and when you do engine room shots nice entrance and exit hole you don't want them running whereas the Vmax puts them straight down.

Useful gun for foxes as there are lots of places you can use it where a centrefire isn't ideal

Don't bother they are poop on foxes, very small hole straight through them. They run well and ok die pretty fast but not ideal I used them on a couple and when you do engine room shots nice entrance and exit hole you don't want them running whereas the Vmax puts them straight down.

Useful gun for foxes as there are lots of places you can use it where a centrefire isn't ideal

Sorry to move off the main topic here but I'm getting a .17hmr in a few months and I'm wondering what would be the best ammo to use when out after foxes in your opinion alx4

the normal 17grain vmax work well at decent range, despite the rumours I've never had one not penetrate enough but I do boiler room shoot them all. Occasionally you need a follow up shot but rare and they are well immobilised. Much the same as we had one last night needed a follow up shot and that was hit with a .243 vmax at 60 yards or so. How they do it sometimes is beyond me that had so much damage to its front end and it was still not giving up