Hypothetically.

Snap Cap

If you was approached by someone like Landrover and asked to design a purpose built shooting truck what refinments would you have?

I would have a single cab pick up, flat olive green in colour. The doors would slide back instead of opening in the conventional way. The drivers and passenger seat would spin 90 degrees to the right/left. It would have an in built camo net in the roof fixed that could be rolled over the whole vehicle with big enough holes in front of the two spinning seats to facilitate your gun and swing. Plenty of storage and gun rack. A remote controlled lamp on the roof with filters. Thats about it for me as a pigeon shooter and for a bit of lamping. Anything else?

Sorry was bored over the pub last night and the usual topics run thier course so we came up with this.

If you was approached by someone like Landrover and asked to design a purpose built shooting truck what refinments would you have?

I would have a single cab pick up, flat olive green in colour. The doors would slide back instead of opening in the conventional way. The drivers and passenger seat would spin 90 degrees to the right/left. It would have an in built camo net in the roof fixed that could be rolled over the whole vehicle with big enough holes in front of the two spinning seats to facilitate your gun and swing. Plenty of storage and gun rack. A remote controlled lamp on the roof with filters. Thats about it for me as a pigeon shooter and for a bit of lamping. Anything else?

Sorry was bored over the pub last night and the usual topics run thier course so we came up with this.

You wouldn't sell enough to justify the tooling costs as everybody's needs are different. But,to add my two penneth, it wouldn't be based on a Land Rover :P

The Land Rover being the perfect donor, would have a single, central, rotating seat and central steering column, 2 suicide doors up front with electric windows that have good cushioned gun rests on the frame. This would facilitate ease for the driver to shoot, and not miss out whilst driving and directing the lamp, for:

the guy in the back of the van type body that would have a central rotating seat and a hole with watertight sliding lid in the roof, of which would be placed on top the 360deg gun rail where you could alternatively clip that Russian drum/come belt fed machine gun type 12g. to make a hole in the flocks of birds that taunt us at this time of year.

There would also be a fridge and cooker somewhere at the back, and a cupboard for your weather gear and sleeping bag. The bed would fit in one of those removable roof type tents.

Edited by Jim Sarakun