Seat Covers for Discovery 2

Mungler

About 2 years ago I bought some "original" Land Rover seat covers off ebay. They turned up and much to my surprise they were original Land Rover seat covers and have worked very well and taken much abuse.

I have given the old girl a spring clean and taken off the seat covers for a wash. On closer inspection the front ones have had their day and probably won't come out of the washing machine in one piece.

I have tried to find some more original Land Rover covers off ebay but without any joy. The set I bought 2 years ago cost me about £40 [as opposed to the £150 the local Land Rover main dealer wanted for a set].

So, what have people had, used and recommend?

I reckon the rear seat covers will last and so if push comes to shove I only need to replace the driver and passenger covers. I am skeptical of the "one size fits all seat" covers for £9.99 as the last set I had fell apart in 2 minutes and didn't cater for adjustable head rests or the seat belt i.e. one size doesn't fit all.

Cheers all.

Edited by Mungler

I bought a full set of Britpart seat covers for my Disco 2 and returned them to the supplier for a refund as I couldn't get the front seat ones to fit :no: The two holes for the head rest adjuster were about 10mm closer together on the top of seat cover, plus it looked liked they'd saved a few mm of material here and there elsewhere as it was a struggle to get them over the seat backrest.

I rang Britpart to tell them about the problems I'd had but they wouldn't talk to me, told me to take it up with the supplier - I suppose that's why they've got the name S**tpart on Landy forums.

I then ordered a set of LR front ones from Rimmer Bros, eye watering price but, they do fit properly.

Depends on your budget fella.I ordered leather ones for the last jeep from Fleabay and they are made to measure for the model you quote.Cost about £180 but were absolutely spot on.Have a pair of grey baggy ones i bought from Scone last year and **** compared to the last ones but only cost £40 but will do the job.

Hi Mungler,

I have a front seat pair - brand new never fitted (navy blue) they were LR Discovery specific, but for an older model than yours no doubt.

I'm happy to send them to you & you can try them out - if you like them pay me what you think they're worth.

Call it Sunday madness !

Cheers

AndyCM

(I had the Extrema off you a while back, and a straight forward deal it was too)