Problem Hyperflappers

fireshot

I always fold up the leading and trailing wing edges also to help with the 'flapping' action. I place mine at an angle upwards as well.

Cheers,

Dr_T

I guess I'm doing something wrong but my 2 Hypa's dont flap as I've seen in the video.

Im using a single speed rotor but any wing 'movement'(cant call it flapping) is only when the bird meets the wind and then again when it leaves it.

Is this what I should be expecting or should there really be some type of flapping?

Ive tried most things ive seen on here above.

thicker rod in the crow. if you watch a crow you will notice its wings are very straight a slow when flapping and then mostly riding the air currents and thermals, when it lands it drops in to a spot. a pigeon flaps like ******* and doesn't glide much, when it lands it will glide in and then pop up into the wind and land. two very differant ways of flight.

i use the thin fibre rod in both birds but then i tape more rod to the wing section of the crow so the movement is from the body of the flapper. the pigeon i leave with thin rod.

just like a pigeon landing. it should only flap as it hits the wind, it shouldn't be continual movement

Nick-Thank you, your reply is really helpful.

I felt silly asking it as I know there are some out there who ridicule questions like this but I didn't know quite what to expect of the Hypa so if I didnt ask I would never know!

Definitely place them at least at a 45 degree angle, with the back facing inward, this is the way to get the best movement.

dont agree use mine as supposed IE level with the ground, have 3 sets all work very well indeed, yes you need to get used to them, no hardship trying them out till your satisfied with them, mine flap well into any, even light wind (speed is also important) glide down of it, very effective deeks are hypa's. :good:

KW

Edited by kdubya

Definitely place them at least at a 45 degree angle, with the back facing inward, this is the way to get the best movement.

dont agree use mine as supposed IE level with the ground, have 3 sets all work very well indeed, yes you need to get used to them, no hardship trying them out till your satisfied with them, mine flap well into any, even light wind (speed is also important) glide down of it, very effective deeks are hypa's. :good:

KW

When I first bought mine, Matt (Manager at UKSW at the time) told me that was how they were supposed to be set up (tilted inward).

It works for me, but each to their own.