rape

mossy835

not a bad day on rape, the wind was very strong,wich helped hit 18 pigeons on one farm ,then moved on to another keep the farmers happy. hit 5 pigeons and 2 crows.now i have been useing 21 grams carts for some time now, and getting very good hits,im killing 6 out of 10 shot,whitch is not bad i thought, what do you think.i will go on useing 21gram carts,less lead in prooves the shoting,i have been today killing pigeons out as far as 35 yards.and thats with wind.

im useing a 12 gauge

I don't shoot 12g, but 21's seem a bit lacking mate, good luck if you're taking birds down though.

Maybe you have a recoil, shooting issue you need to get sorted, I've never shot anything less than 24 in my 20.

Edited by kyska

You could always put more choke in if you want to use 24s, 24 6`s or better still 5`s in a 20 bore should be ok> I hade a 20 auto beretta & a eell under & over some years ago half & three quater would floor them at 45 yards. Try it. Sir Jo nickerson @ Rothwell used a 28 bore, never mist. :)